background checks...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midnight19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this topic has been covered many times, but I wanted to ask a question based on my personal record. I was arrested two years ago on suspicion of dui, but after going to court (since I was below the legal drinking limit) the charges were dropped to two infractions...1) illegal lane change 2) open container in vehicle.

I was not convicted of the dui, but after getting the personal background check on myself, the record showed that I was arrested for a dui, and showed the two infractions.

I didn't report this on amcas because I was never convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor. Is this arrest, eventhough it was unjustified, going to cause a problem. I have already been accepted to a school and they are going to do a background check before orientation.

thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Just answer every question honestly. If it asks if you've ever been arrested, say yes. If it asks if you've ever been convicted, say no.

If you are honest about this, it won't hold you back. But it will show up on the background checks, so don't bull**** it.