backing out of USMLE and lose $600?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hanz504

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that in past years you could register for the USMLE and cancel x amount of time before for a full refund.

I am a DO student wanting to register for both early so I can secure a good date, however, if I feel unprepared a month before I am scheduled to take it, I was planning on re-evaluating, possibly backing out and only taking the COMLEX. From what I'm reading this $600 fee is no longer refundable, can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was under the impression that in past years you could register for the USMLE and cancel x amount of time before for a full refund.

I am a DO student wanting to register for both early so I can secure a good date, however, if I feel unprepared a month before I am scheduled to take it, I was planning on re-evaluating, possibly backing out and only taking the COMLEX. From what I'm reading this $600 fee is no longer refundable, can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

http://www.ecfmg.org/fees/refunds.html

It may be too close to your date, but why don't you just call them and tell them your situation directly? They are actually very nice on the phone and might be more flexible for you.