Bad APA match rates for Queen’s College PhD program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsyNeuro37

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had some insight to why the internship match rates at Queen’s college were so sub-par? They seem to hover around 65-70%, which surprised me. This surprised me for a university-based PhD. What is the overall reputation of this program?

Members don't see this ad.

Aren't they newly accredited? That could have something to do with it.

It was accredited a few years ago, I think... if this is the same program that was a specialty (unaccredited) neuropsych program before. They are very well known for neuropsychology, particularly in the NY metro area, but I can't speak to other specialties.

Members don't see this ad :)
The program was initially accredited in November 2014.

Graduated from this program a few years back. Back when it was unaccredited, the match rate was about the same, and given small class sizes, typically reflected about 3/4 or 4/5 people matching to an APA site. The person who did not match to an APA site tended to be someone who was restricted to NY for whatever reason (family, etc)... and you can count the # of neuropsychology internships in NY on one hand (even with a few fingers missing...). Obviously the lack of accreditation was a factor as well. However, those that matched tended to place at pretty competitive neuro sites, including MGH, UCLA, UCSD, NYU, and UF, along with some local sites like NS-LIJ.