Bad gpa , What are my chances to get into dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hello720

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not do well my first two years of college ( previously a pharm. major):
chem : c- , retook resigned
organic chem: resigned
bio: c- , retook and resigned
and physics I have not taken
F in anatomy and microbio

I had to resign because of financial issues. I was very lazy during my first few years.
I got it together now and I'm ready to retake the science courses and do very well in them. I still beat myself up for letting this happen, I know very stupid of me. But I really want to become a dentist and I'm really passionate about this.

My gpa is a 2.37 at the moment and will be graduating the upcoming year with a psychology B.A
I'm planning to stay in school longer however, to retake the science courses and also take higher science courses. I know it may take a few years to bring my gpa up but I'm willing to do what it takes

I goto UB and I know our school has a good dental school and I would really like to get in.
What are my chances? I will do anything to get in to a dental school and become a dentist.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well you dug yourself quite a hole there and basically buried yourself alive. I would obviously pickup the slack and focus on getting nothing but good grades from here out. Oh and kill the DAT because that could be what saves your app

Reactions: 1 users
Well you dug yourself quite a hole there and basically buried yourself alive. I would obviously pickup the slack and focus on getting nothing but good grades from here out. Oh and kill the DAT because that could be what saves your app

Do you think that I have a chance if I retake them and get As? and also take higher science courses. I would be pretty much be retaking most of my science courses but I'm willing to commit this time.. I know this might take 2-3 years