Bad idea to apply to schools that offer pre-secondary interviews.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carl Weathers

I voted for Arnold
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I know there are some schools, which offer interviews after reading your AACOMAS. Or some which basically just read the primary, then give a really basic secondary. Is it a bad idea to apply to such places, if the PS in your AACOMAS is about why you want to be a doctor, as opposed to why you want to be a DO?

Members don't see this ad.

I think I can see what you mean here. But I wouldn't form a blanket idea of all programs that do this. Kansas City sometimes sends pre-2ndry invites but their program is outstanding with lots to offer.

So, I know there are some schools, which offer interviews after reading your AACOMAS. Or some which basically just read the primary, then give a really basic secondary. Is it a bad idea to apply to such places, if the PS in your AACOMAS is about why you want to be a doctor, as opposed to why you want to be a DO?

Hey Carl, get back to making movies that turn into classics instead of trying to become a doc! Seriously though, I am glad to see another Carl Weathers fan on this forum, that guy has to be the most under rated actor of all time!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that you are okay, just make sure you have answers for the "WHY DO" questions that will be asked at your interview.

DMU just started sending pre-secondary invites this application cycle. Basically if you have above a 3.-something high & over a 27 on the MCAT, you could be interviewed before your secondary was complete. However, admissions will not make a final decision until your secondary & the rest of your file is complete. Just FYI...

DMU just started sending pre-secondary invites this application cycle. Basically if you have above a 3.-something high & over a 27 on the MCAT, you could be interviewed before your secondary was complete. However, admissions will not make a final decision until your secondary & the rest of your file is complete. Just FYI...

URGH, that is frustrating. I have a well rounded 29 on the MCAT (10,10,9) and an AACOMAS calculated 3.5+ and 3.7+ science GPA. I have a completed secondary and all they have sent me is an E-mail stating that I am complete.

um...I am confused by your question...i got an auto invite to a school and my PS was all about why I want to be a doctor...A DO is a doctor so it would apply...I didnt mention anything about osteopathic medicine in the PS either...apply and if you get in you get in....

There are quite a few schools (both osteo and allopathic) which don't even offer a secondary until they invite you for an interview. I know Michigan State (MD) and NYCOM are both like this.