Bad idea to review a bit the day before my test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jryck3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Put in a lot of time preparing, but am pretty nervous about my test tomorrow morning at 8. I was thinking about doing a light overview. I've heard it's a good idea to just hang out and not think about it.. What do you guys think.... Bad idea to open up the books?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah its a bad idea...lol but im doing it right now :p
my test is tomorrow...

i think its for those that have gone over everything atleast once and are still not satisfied and feel they just need to review more or feel they have forgotten everything...
but for people like me...who havent even covered everything once...reviewing the day before could only benefit me.

My test is tomorrow too! I'm by no means doing an extensive review, but I know that I will be more at ease if I look over a few things today. I wouldn't suggest anything too difficult. My plan is to just look over some things that are pure memorization - quick look over orgo reactions, quick look over formula sheet, and maybe some optics and electricity review (they are my weakest). My suggestion is to do whatever will put your mind at ease (or the closest you can get one day before the MCAT).

a great piece of advice I got was to pick a time the night before the test and NO MATTER WHAT, stop reviewing / studying / freaking out at that time. I chose 9pm, and mostly worked on memorizing PS formulas and scanning Bio. when the time came around, I felt anxious about stopping (there's so much more I could do!!) but as soon at 9:00pm hit, I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I knew I had put the time in, I felt relaxed and confident, and that feeling carried into the next day. I also got a great night's sleep.

Members don't see this ad :)
I write tomorrow too! I did some content review for orgo and bio and will probably look over physics and chem tonight. I was thinking of doing verbal passages or writing sample but I think I'll just read some prompts and come up with ideas...

Good luck to everyone writing tomorrow!

If studying more will just make you nervous for the test, then do not study more. Really, just hide the books and relax.

BUT: if you feel calm while studying, and nervous when you books are away from you, like you're missing something, then go ahead and study, but gently. Don't do any more cramming. I fit into this category, so I had my notebook with me on the train going in to take the test. Did I learn a whole bunch more? Gain ten points? Probably not. Did I feel better knowing that I had it with me? Yup. :) Then again, I was the kid who always had to take my notes with me to a test, even if I didn't look at them that day.

why would you not study the DAY before the test when you've probably spent every single day for the past month studying for it?

It doesn't make sense. The only reason why you should panic during the test is if you weren't prepared for it.

why would you not study the DAY before the test when you've probably spent every single day for the past month studying for it?

It doesn't make sense. The only reason why you should panic during the test is if you weren't prepared for it.

Agreed. Cramming works for me, so I'm not changing the routine. Here goes nothin!