bad idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking a practice test on friday, the day before real one?

Members don't see this ad.

Good idea if you do well on the practice test, bad idea if you do poorly. The problem is, you won't have time to use your results to help prepare you, so it's an exercise in confidence boosting/busting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel that I should take another aamc (6R) to get better at timing but I'm afraid I won't be able to look at the real thing the next day.

Cerberus said:
why not informally do a practice test? Like take it but not time yourself and just look for weaknesses.

My biggest weakness is not having enough time. Having gone over my practice tests, I noticed that about 80% of the wrong answers resulted from haste.

Apparition said:
My biggest weakness is not having enough time. Having gone over my practice tests, I noticed that about 80% of the wrong answers resulted from haste.

this is also my biggest problem but I doubt taking a timed test teh day before is really going to help that much...

Put it this way: if you were running a marathon and wanted to do well, would you run a practice marathon the day before?

I found that if I tried to do full-length tests with only 1 day between, I was too tired on the second one to do well. Back to back is asking for trouble. Don't do it.

I think many people would advise you to take the day off. The 24 hours before the exam, relax. Do some light reading if you have to, but no hardcore memorizing or anything. You don't want to start freaking out! :)