Bad job market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Everyone should email here and tell him that there needs to be something done to impriove todays dismal job market!
[email protected]

Currently, Dr. Bauer is the director of Laboratories at Mercy San Juan Medical Center and Woodland Community Hospital near Sacramento, CA. He also is the chief financial officer of Path Labs in Carmichael, CA.

Cmon the guy is a community pathologist. He must have some clue about the job market and how clinicians are exploiting us.

If you (not you keratin pearls specifically, this is directed at anyone else who reads this) write to him, for the love of God please be respectful and do not post like some people do on this forum. If you send a hate-filled diatribe you are doing your part to set the cause back a few years. Please keep this in mind. Don't be that guy.

Members don't see this ad.

bwahahahahahaha!!!

I know Steve Bauer, he wont give a crap about these emails guys. Waste of time.

Plus he is like a dark jedi or something, not a softy academic giving lectures about Unicorns and Tea Parties at the CAP. I would not get on this guy's bad side.

LADOC is afraid of him somewhat and that is saying alot...

damn, you guys have slipped into madness in my absence.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nice to know that the "big shot" doesn't care....not surprising though.

Plus he is like a dark jedi or something, not a softy academic giving lectures about Unicorns and Tea Parties at the CAP. I would not get on this guy's bad side.

Hahaha, that's kind of an ironic post given that I would wager quite a few of the irritating posters on here are probably quite interested in tea parties! THEY TOOK ERRRRRRRRR JAHBS!!

Nice to know that the "big shot" doesn't care....not surprising though.

Personally, I would not say that he doesn't care about the issues. That is the knee-jerk naive response to LADOC's comment. I would say he ignores pathetic whiny emails not backed up with any evidence other than anecdotes and hearsay. He probably also ignores anonymous internet rants and hate mail. But don't let that stop any of you true revolutionaries from getting the "truth" out there. :laugh: Actually, strike that. Please do let it stop you. You're not helping the job market problem.

The emails are/were/going to be whiny rants (strong, unquestionable evidence to support this, I mean you don't even need to see an email).

To some their will never be evidence that the job market is poor. They could be unemployed and not able to find work, and they would still be convinced the market is great. Funny how the poor job market threads go back to over a decade. Of course these threads are all hearsay. Its not like we are talking about unseen emails (see above).

No -- actually I have an ideal job for me and was able to choose from among some great choices. For some of my friends and colleagues though, it is a much tougher go.

I also will have to deal with some of the outside forces that are the direct result of the pathologist oversuppy as will all pathologists during our career. They are headaches that one does not need in my opinion and create problems at the expense of quality, efficient, timely, and patient care. In addition they indirectly raise the cost of doing medicine/pathology.

Thrombus was doing so well all those years ago.....

10 years later...job market is still crap, academics continue fueling the oversupply, current "published" shortage that doesn't remotely exist, fighting for/to keep specimens and fighting with insurance companies.

Pathology is still an epic fail and will never improve. Stay away med students.

Free thrombus!

bwahahahahahaha!!!

I know Steve Bauer, he wont give a crap about these emails guys. Waste of time.

LADOC is afraid of him somewhat and that is saying alot...

damn, you guys have slipped into madness in my absence.
And now we have GODBEY as president elect.EX OB-GYN , then PATHOLOGY professor and now head of SEPA who has 40 pathologists