Bad Medicine: Pre-Meds with no place being a doctor.

j814wong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you ever met a pre-med who you've thought shouldn't even be a Pre-med not because of academic performance but because of certain personalities or traits? Maybe a secretly evil genius?

What about people you least expected to be a doctor on the basis of personalities or traits that somehow did not reveal their worst traits at interviews or applications for medical schools and got it?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the people with the most severe of negative personality traits have a fairly difficult time truly hiding them. Even if one manages to do so at interviews, chances are they had a heck of a time getting good LORs.

Have you ever met a pre-med who you've thought shouldn't even be a Pre-med not because of academic performance but because of certain personalities or traits? Maybe a secretly evil genius?

What about people you least expected to be a doctor on the basis of personalities or traits that somehow did not reveal their worst traits at interviews or applications for medical schools and got it?

Everyday in the pre-med forums Person A proclaims "I can't believe Person B will be a doctor. I feel sorry for their future patients" with complete and utter disdain. Fun times.

Also, first post ever in hSDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyday in the pre-med forums Person A proclaims "I can't believe Person B will be a doctor. I feel sorry for their future patients" with complete and utter disdain. Fun times.

Also, first post ever in hSDN.

We welcome you to our humble dwelling.

I feel like you're hinting towards the people in Pre-Allo, namely MedPR.

Ohh and PS, I hate you. :)

From my experience, there are a lot of premeds who think very highly of themselves and think that since they have to try hard that it would be impossible for a "normal" person to even survive. Usually the humble people preform better than the outspoken arogant ones. Once again, my experience. On the other side, I would guess that less than half of freshmen who claim to be premed rarely follow throug for the entire four years. If you put the effort in, get involved in some volunteer work,your going to getin. sorry for tge misspellings, typing on my phone :/

What did I ever do to you?

Nothing, but I've always wanted to know what it feels like to hate on someone due to their personality traits. :rolleyes:

Well I'm not hating on someone. I'm only asking of other people's experiences out of curiosity.

Sent from my Xoom using SDN Mobile

Haven't really to be honest. Anyone who i've met whos wanted to be a doctor I think would make a good doctor. The only evil people i've met aren't interested in medicine, they tend to lean towards business.

My opinion is don't care about them. People change over time, people have a change of heart at any time. They might drop medicine in university. They might get rejected from medical school. They might not really be bad doctors. There are so many different gates to weed out people who wouldn't be good doctors. Most importantly, don't worry about them, just focus on your life.