Bad/OK 1st Quarter? Can anyone judge and Advise Please? Should I just give up??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted238468

Hi!
I just finished my first quarter @ UCLA. My grades I think are so-so.
Russian A-
Chemistry B+
Honors Chem B
Calc I C+ (although, there is a discrepancy w/ that grade.. it could possibly [unlikely] turn into a B-)

So I pretty much got complacent from H.S., and stopped going to class after 3rd week, but I did study hard for finals.

I LEARNED my lesson. I will work my tail off. Although I doubt I can get A's in Physics..

Did I screw myself over? Should I immediately think of a different career choice? The older I get, there is nothing I can think of doing more than being a doctor. And not a D.O. an M.D.

Can I resurrect myself? Should I retake Calc? CAN I retake Calc?

ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. :D Thanks so much!!!

Members don't see this ad.

just do better from now on. we all live and learn and if you can show an upward trend and knock every thing else out you'll be fine with good ECs and a good MCAT.

Hi!
I just finished my first quarter @ UCLA. My grades I think are so-so.
Russian A-
Chemistry B+
Honors Chem B
Calc I C+ (although, there is a discrepancy w/ that grade.. it could possibly [unlikely] turn into a B-)

So I pretty much got complacent from H.S., and stopped going to class after 3rd week, but I did study hard for finals.

I LEARNED my lesson. I will work my tail off. Although I doubt I can get A's in Physics..

Did I screw myself over? Should I immediately think of a different career choice? The older I get, there is nothing I can think of doing more than being a doctor. And not a D.O. an M.D.

Can I resurrect myself? Should I retake Calc? CAN I retake Calc?

ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. :D Thanks so much!!!

Well Hotasianchick90 (clever name...), you don't need to retake Calc at this point provided that you do well from this point on in college. Ace Calc 2. And don't knock the DO degree yet. You never know what position you will be in 2-3 years from now.

Members don't see this ad :)
just do better from now on. we all live and learn and if you can show an upward trend and knock every thing else out you'll be fine with good ECs and a good MCAT.

Thanks for the reply :D

Well Hotasianchick90 (clever name...), you don't need to retake Calc at this point provided that you do well from this point on in college. Ace Calc 2. And don't knock the DO degree yet. You never know what position you will be in 2-3 years from now.

Haha thanks. That name was created when I was like 11 lol. Thanks for the reply :D I'll keep the advice in mind.

No joke, only reason I'm posting is because of OP's name. I have no life :(

Haha :D, any advice??

Lol, here's my advice. You only started your first quarter at UCLA, and your gpa is around a B average I think. I've always thought that it's much easier to raise your gpa from a quarter system since you get so many shots to add new credit and grades to your trascript. Shrug off this quarter and just do well the next 3 and 2/3 of your college years.