Apr 22, 2011
Status
Hi my motivators..really you guys ROCK \o/

So the title says it all. But how low...a veryyyy scary whopping 17 (I had trouble typing that number by the way, my fingers were about to cripple)

Some background..I have 1 month of leisure studying (because of school). My plan is to write the MCAT on June 21. Less than a month. Do I have any room to improve above a 30 with 6 hours a day (depending on the weather lol jokes).

Also, how did people who started off low (probably not as low as me) bounced back. What steps worked for you? All suggestions is really need at this low point in life.:bang:

Many thanks

pfaction

7+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2010
WV
Status
Medical Student
The real MCAT is nowhere close to anything but AAMC10 and 11. Run through whatever AAMC's you want.

zzzz
Jul 17, 2011
chillville
Status
Pre-Medical
The real MCAT is nowhere close to anything but AAMC10 and 11. Run through whatever AAMC's you want.
theres not much of a difference between 10 and the rest. The only thing close to the real mcat is 11.

you may need to push your test date back

wish2bMD

5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
What was your breakdown? You need to review content. Go over all the chapters of your review books again and take notes. It's definitely possible to improve, but you need to remain motivated and work hard.

OP
P
Apr 22, 2011
Status
my break down was 5,5,7

I review my mistakes and they were dumb mistakes..Pushing the test back is not a options. Thats the easy way out in things. I need to push not delay, and maybe you have not noticed but its summer. I live where it snows for 8 months of the year..I need my summer badly!!

Thanks for the advice :)

phigam

5+ Year Member
May 19, 2011
Status
Medical Student
On Kaplan tests the highest I got was a 30 then when I took aamc 3 I got a 25 and was bummed. Just kept working at it and eventually on aamc 11 I got a 31 and I have a lot of confidence going in to the test now. Just work on high yield areas and such. Also I originally though that I knew a ton of content, but when you review it with flashcards (very useful) and working passages you really start to see your score go up. I saw the biggest increase in scores about a few weeks ago and I started studying in January and I'm taking the 5/24. Stick with it and you'll do great!

OP
P
Apr 22, 2011
Status
On Kaplan tests the highest I got was a 30 then when I took aamc 3 I got a 25 and was bummed. Just kept working at it and eventually on aamc 11 I got a 31 and I have a lot of confidence going in to the test now. Just work on high yield areas and such. Also I originally though that I knew a ton of content, but when you review it with flashcards (very useful) and working passages you really start to see your score go up. I saw the biggest increase in scores about a few weeks ago and I started studying in January and I'm taking the 5/24. Stick with it and you'll do great!
Many Thanks for the input. Good luck with your test...and most importantly do update me how it went :)