Sep 11, 2015
If I can achieve a 3.1-3.3 cgpa by the time I graduate, and get a 30-34 MCAT scores, will I have a decent shot at DO schools in the New York area or the programs in Chicago?

Okazaki Frag Grenade

Long Live SnugSeal
2+ Year Member
May 1, 2015
How do the rest of your extracurriculars look? E.g. clinical experience, volunteering, research (not as required) ? An MCAT in that range would be great for DO.

Edit - That GPA may be a bit low for the Chicago DO school, as their average seems to be about a 3.53 or so. Not sure about NY DO.

Last edited:
OP
HopefulUnderdog
Sep 11, 2015
How do the rest of your extracurriculars look? E.g. clinical experience, volunteering, research (not as required) ? An MCAT in that range would be great for DO.

Edit - That GPA may be a bit low for the Chicago DO school, as their average seems to be about a 3.53 or so. Not sure about NY DO.
Is there any thing I can do to get into any medical school if I have that gpa? No matter how much time it takes? Or is my dream over? My ECs are still building as well, but I won't apply till next year or so. I am an upper junior.

Okazaki Frag Grenade

Long Live SnugSeal
2+ Year Member
May 1, 2015
Is there any thing I can do to get into any medical school if I have that gpa? No matter how much time it takes? Or is my dream over? My ECs are still building as well, but I won't apply till next year or so. I am an upper junior.
Well DO schools have grade replacement, so if you re-take science courses, they will take your higher score. You can always do a post-bacc or Special Master's program at a med school to show that you can handle the academic rigor. But since you're a junior, it'll be possible to bring up your GPA if you ace your senior as well.