SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Bad teeth

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Stanford Fencer, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Stanford Fencer

Stanford Fencer Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 19, 2001
    San Francisco
    More questions for future colleagues....

I have bad teeth having grown up in third world countries with not so great dental care...

will this be a strike against me in interviews? :rolleyes:
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. I was asked in one of my interviews about the coloration of my teeth and the interviewer asked if I was planning to do something about it.

I don't think bad teeth will be a strike against you, but be prepared to acknowledge that you have bad teeth. Explain to the interviewer why you have bad teeth and that you're planning to fix the problem soon.
  4. DrJeff

DrJeff Senior Member Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Nov 30, 2000
    Brooklyn, ct
    I'll almost guarentee that if you meet 5 of the academics, especially the faculty that are in the over 50 set that you'll see atleast 1 "dental disaster" amongst them.

For example, the Dean of my dental school when I was there, a periodontist by training, had blatant and obvious perio disease. Don't sweat it, if you are asked you can say something to the extent of "I'm planning on trying out the latest and greatest dental advances on myself before I try them on my future patients! :D