BAD UNDERGRAD YEARS, GOOD OUTCOME??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UrSexyLatinDr

Single and looking =o)~
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDNers,

I was wondering if there are any successful stories of you or someone you might know who did their first 2 years of undergrad poorly because of health related problems and after those two years he did greatly and got into med school? I am asking this because of of my friends who is getting ready to apply next year was diagnosed with clinical depression and he did bad his first 2 years because of this. He also had some family and financial problems while he was depressed, so everything became a bigger problem. After those 2 years he started doing great academically, his GPA went up and never went down. He has great EC's(Very Unique), research(non scientific,more of sociol/psych/ethnic kind of) and will be taking the MCAT this April, so far he has been scoring above 30's and his current GPA is around 3.7) So what do you guys think? You guys thik he might have a chance getting accepted anywhere?

Eduardo

Eduardo

Members don't see this ad.