baltimore/dc to charlottesville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raincrew

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have any suggestions for the best way to get to charlottesville from baltimore? i'm thinking about taking the greyhound but was wondering if there were any better choices.

-raincrew

Members don't see this ad.

Rental car. Don't screw around with bus schedules. The drive will take about 3 hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
you DEFINITELY don't want to take greyhound...believe me. I was a Hopkins undergrad and had a girlfriend at University of VA, which I would visit every other weekend and I took greyhound once...and only once. Too many shady ppl, and the bus stations are even shadier, so believe me, if you can rent a car, do it!

If you drive, just go 95 South to 495 West silver springs, till you get to 66 West, take 66 W until you get to exit 153, 29 South....not the one that says to "Centerville", but a couple exits after that one.....29 South is a straight shot to the middle of campus at UVA...though it turns into Emmitt street around that area......good luck....

Man, I miss C'ville...such a great little town!

I've taken the bus from DC to C'ville and it was no problem at all. If you can rent a car, it's an easy drive. Off 66, you want to take the 29 exit that is near Warrenton...it will have an actual sign saying "Charlottesville use 29 S" right before it. You can take the earlier exit if you have extra time and want to drive through the battlefield, but otherwise it's faster to stay on 66 a bit longer.

It takes 2 hours from northern virginia to Charlottesville.

WATCH OUT FOR COPS! They will ticket you, so stay below 65 the whole way, especially if you are traveling over the weekend.

p.s. there is also an Amtrak station if you don't want to take the bus but can't drive down...although I think it's overpriced.