bank loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, o.k I'm Canadian I suppose that's international... :laugh:
If I get into a Canadian school it's no prob... it ain't that expensive... we're talking 10,000$ Canadian a year (that's around 6,000$ US) so my parents might help me out.

BUT if I don't get into Canada which is SO (*&king competitive (U of T has an ave. of 3.87 for acceptances as many of the others) I'll be going down South and have to take a HUGE loan outta the bank, my parents will obviously have to co-sign it.... there are some programs here which will give you a loan 'easily' IF you get accepted and show 'em proof....

Same senario if I go to the Carribean (last resort...) but I will be somewhere in 2003..... can't do Masters (for me waste of time) and don't wanna wait longer....

yeah... bank loans.... is the way to go....

Members don't see this ad.

OOPS spiderman this is for you..... the reply should have been under your thread but I accidentally pressed 'new thread' instead of reply SORRY! but here it is....

Well, I do not think that I would've have any trouble with getting a loan for 15K. I have taken a car loan for that amount (it is paid off though) and it did not require a cosigner. The APR however was huge.
There are no educational loans in my country. If there are loan, they might be only like for 5k a year max.
How do you come up with 200k from your own pocket ?? :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
A few US schools offer Canadians some institutional loans. However, be prepared to take out lots of loans. Look into CanHELP. You can borrow up to $25000 US /year without a cosigner. (But, they charge like 9% Guarantee fee.)
There are other types of bank loans available. ex. citibank, etc.

Ask your parents to get a second or third? morgage on the house, that way you can take out 100,000$.

so yeah a second morgage.... you'll pay it back starting in residency...

Yeah, Canada isn't considered international like the rest of world is international in terms of the U.S. There are many loan opportunities within the U.S. for Canadian citizens. It's all about the bank being able to track you down and Canada is quite good about extradition.