Barcelona student having rotation in Chicago needs paperwork advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeromemorrow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi:

I'm a sixth year medical student From Barcelona.
Nowadays I'm in my rotations.
AS the sixth year course is in my University similar to the USA program I decided ask for practices in the USA.
I've got my GI rotation in the CHicago University Hospital, I was very luck and also I've got a good curriculum.
Now I'm with my paperwork and I'm going a little bit crazy with some matters.

1. what is a HIPPA Compliance, I've been doing some googling and now I've got an idea.
But I've got some question:
-How is the process to get it, you study and there's an official examination or, you find an academy and after the course they give it to you?
-Can you recommend me an on-line course?.

2-About the N95 mask fitting test, where do you do it? you do it in the same hospital or there's somewhere else where you can have this test.?

Thanks very much.

2-About the N95 mask fitting test, where do you do it? you do it in the same hospital or there's somewhere else where you can have this test.

Thanks very much

Members don't see this ad.

At many schools within the US, the school just has to sign off that the student had HIPAA training at the home school. But the hospital could provide HIPAA training to the students, or they have papers online that you must read about HIPAA, print something saying you read it, sign it and send it in.

The N-95 mask is the typical mask used in droplet isolation, especially for TB. They need to be fit specifically with some weird hood and an aerosol that you can taste/smell if it doesn't fit right. Again, I'd think if you haven't done it, the hospital/program could do it for you when you got there.