BARRON's AP BIOLOGY 6th edition good or not for DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crimsoncat

magiccorn
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I know that Barron's AP Biology book is very good for DAT studying, but I still want to make sure. Is Barron's AP Biology 6th edition (the latest edition) still good for DAT studying ?
a089d60c9e06f81a2d7db36c194febf8.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
I know that Barron's AP Biology book is very good for DAT studying, but I still want to make sure. Is Barron's AP Biology 6th edition (the latest edition) still good for DAT studying ?
a089d60c9e06f81a2d7db36c194febf8.jpg

They did a great job with this edition and I highly recommend this to all my students along with the Campbell textbook.

Dr. Romano

Reactions: 1 user
They did a great job with this edition and I highly recommend this to all my students along with the Campbell textbook.

Dr. Romano

Thank you! I will definitely get the Campbell textbook later today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)

Dr. Romano

Dr. Romano,
Do you think that Cliff Note Biology 3rd edition is good for DAT too?

Is cliffs ap bio (3rd edition) + Feralis not enough for bio?

In my experience Cliff's 3rd edition and Barron's AP bio book were both pretty good for getting the basic fundamentals down, it just comes down to a matter of preference. Each covers a bit that the other doesn't, but always try to supplement with another resource to pick up some of the extraneous detail you might not find in either. AP biology books tend to go a little light on detail in physiology sections.

Reactions: 1 users
In my experience Cliff's 3rd edition and Barron's AP bio book were both pretty good for getting the basic fundamentals down, it just comes down to a matter of preference. Each covers a bit that the other doesn't, but always try to supplement with another resource to pick up some of the extraneous detail you might not find in either. AP biology books tend to go a little light on detail in physiology sections.

From what I have gathered from this forum, these are the materials that I am going to use for studying (not practicing) BIOL:
Barron 6th edition, Cliff Notes 3rd edition, Campbell textbook, and your notes.
Do you think that those cover all the DAT BIOL materials ?

From what I have gathered from this forum, these are the materials that I am going to use for studying (not practicing) BIOL:
Barron 6th edition, Cliff Notes 3rd edition, Campbell textbook, and your notes.
Do you think that those cover all the DAT BIOL materials ?

I think that would be more than enough for the biology section. Campbell's should be used as a reference for specific sections you want more depth on, I wouldn't try to read the entire thing - it's a huge textbook.

I think that would be more than enough for the biology section. Campbell's should be used as a reference for specific sections you want more depth on, I wouldn't try to read the entire thing - it's a huge textbook.

Yeah, I hope I will rock on the DAT BIOL section exam. My weakest subject is Biology, so Im kinda worried :((

I really liked Barron's - I hadn't taken bio in a decade or so. I read through it once over the course of two days to get a general grasp then moved on to Cliff's -> DAT Destroyer -> Bootcamp+Feralis notes and ended up with a 21. I'd say read it if you are starting from scratch. The language is easy and it feels like light reading and preps you for the denser materials.

Reactions: 1 users
To be honest, Cliff Notes 3rd edition was enough for me. It covers most of the things. I read that book four times, because there is some detail information that you will probably over skip the first time. And I just finished my biology studying by doing BC exams and reading the explanations, that's how I learned all my embryology. BC exams 6-10 teaches so much new information.

Reactions: 1 user