Barrons AP Biology vs Cliffs AP Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whathashizzyDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between barrons ap bio and cliffs ap bio or are they both pretty much the same? I recently purchased barrons ap biology on amazon but everyone on SDN is talking about cliffs. Should i return?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the difference between barrons ap bio and cliffs ap bio or are they both pretty much the same? I recently purchased barrons ap biology on amazon but everyone on SDN is talking about cliffs. Should i return?

1000% go for the cliff. barron's has a lot of mistakes and studying cliff is what would get you a good score. of couse you have to use other sources.
good luck

I have an old addition of Barron's DAT guide, but it is close to useless because of all the errors that I've encountered as well. Cliff's is a must!

Flybry2000

They both are useful but I feel like Cliff's Notes gives more detail. But Barron's have more diagrams which help you to study better.

I am using both but I still feel like the Multiple Questions are too straight-forward compared to DAT questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
1000% go for the cliff. barron's has a lot of mistakes and studying cliff is what would get you a good score. of couse you have to use other sources.
good luck

Wait are you sure you're talking about Barrons AP Bio Book or their DAT Book? Because I have both and their AP Bio book seems fine.

Last edited:
I think some people are confused on the original question...

I used Barron's Ap Bio and got a 21 on my bio section (January 2009). I only had 1 bio class going into the DAT and Barron's AP Bio and Kaplan BB were 95% of what I studied for bio. I actually bought both AP Bio and never ended up using Cliffs because it was basically the same information and I liked Barron's better.

For the others that mentioned the Barron's DAT book, it does suck (it's old too), but the Barron's AP Bio is fine... no mistakes that I recall.