Barry University School of Podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Can777

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I recently discovered podiatry and was researching which schools to apply to. I live in Florida and would love to stay close to my family. Barry University seems like a good choice for me but I am concerned with the schools religious affiliation as I am not catholic. Does anyone know how this religious affiliation impacts the students? Are the majority of students who go to Barry catholic? Are there any religious requirements for pod students?

Any information would really help,
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
I recently discovered podiatry and was researching which schools to apply to. I live in Florida and would love to stay close to my family. Barry University seems like a good choice for me but I am concerned with the schools religious affiliation as I am not catholic. Does anyone know how this religious affiliation impacts the students? Are the majority of students who go to Barry catholic? Are there any religious requirements for pod students?

Thanks
I applied and was accepted here. Not once was it brought up in my interview or subsequent conversations with the school.

Hello everyone,

Thanks

There is no way a school can do this.

Your religious affiliation can not even be asked in the interview.

Even schools like BYU, which are known to have a large Mormon community are not allowed to exclusivly accept only from that religious group.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you go to their website, they address this issue. It does not affect who they accept, nor do you have to be Catholic to attend. I went to a small, Catholic college for UG and other than having a few sisters teaching us and a beautiful chapel on campus, you would not have known. As UGs, we were required to take 2 religion classes, but obviously that would be a non-factor in podiatry school.

Here at BUSPM we have a very diverse student population, not everyone is catholic. Nor does it matter if you are based on acceptance. I hope this helps.