General Admissions & OTCAS Bay Path University Fall 2019 Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTkj

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wondering who else applied for Bay Paths MOT program for this cycle :)

Members don't see this ad.

I just got accepted today! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. :) No they actually emailed me!! And trust me I know the feeling.... I think they're doing rolling admissions so don't stress!

Lol I’m over here refreshing my email every second! Ahhhhh easier said than done :laugh:
Did you apply to other schools as well?

Yes, I actually live in NY so I applied to NY schools like SUNY Downstate, NYU, Hofstra, and some in NJ like Seton Hall. Didn't hear back from anyone else, Bay Path was the first school I heard back from! Did u apply to others?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I actually live in NY so I applied to NY schools like SUNY Downstate, NYU, Hofstra, and some in NJ like Seton Hall. Didn't hear back from anyone else, Bay Path was the first school I heard back from! Did u apply to others?
Oh awesome! I’m from NY as well. Bay path was the only school I applied to hence living in anxiety

Hi everyone! I am currently an OT student class of 2020 here at bay path. Let me know if you have any questions about the program to ease any anxieties you may have :)

Hi everyone! I am currently an OT student class of 2020 here at bay path. Let me know if you have any questions about the program to ease any anxieties you may have :)
When you applied how long after you got a response from Bay Path ?

When you applied how long after you got a response from Bay Path ?
All applications were due in early January and I hear back from bay path early march. But people in my class got accepted up to June if they were waitlisted

Hi everyone! I applied to Bay Path as well. Has anyone heard back yet? Also do you mind stats? Thanks :) can’t stop refreshing my email. It’s been so stressful

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I applied to Bay Path as well. Has anyone heard back yet? Also do you mind stats? Thanks :) can’t stop refreshing my email. It’s been so stressful
Hey! I haven’t heard back as yet, I’m also refreshing my email constantly :( if it makes you feel better, I’m super stressed too!

Hi I got accepted about 2 weeks ago! As for my stats:

Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.58
Prereq GPA: ~3.65

Observation: 200 hours total: pediatric private practice, elementary school, nursing home with geriatrics and also patients from the hospital.

Other volunteer/community/leadership service: Group Leader for children's Vacation Bible Camp for 3 yrs, vice president for women in STEM, Volunteer for Michael's Cause for children with Muscular Dystrophy since 2015, member of Operation Smile to raise money for child cleft palate surgeries, participate in Safe Halloween for kids every year with psych club on campus, psychology research assistant.

Good luck, positive thoughts!! I hope this was helpful!

Last edited:
Hi I got accepted about 2 weeks ago! As for my stats:

Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.58
Prereq GPA: ~3.65

Observation: 200 hours total: pediatric private practice, elementary school, nursing home with geriatrics and also patients from the hospital.

Other volunteer/community/leadership service: Group Leader for children's Vacation Bible Camp for 3 yrs, vice president for women in STEM, Volunteer for Michael's Cause for children with Muscular Dystrophy since 2015, member of Operation Smile to raise money for child cleft palate surgeries, participate in Safe Halloween for kids every year with psych club on campus, psychology research assistant.

Good luck, positive thoughts!! I hope this was helpful!
Thank you so much and congrats! Your stats are awesome!

Hey! I haven’t heard back as yet, I’m also refreshing my email constantly :( if it makes you feel better, I’m super stressed too!

Me neither! Checking my email is the first thing I do every day! Also, BP was the only school I applied to as well so I know how you feel!! :(

Me neither! Checking my email is the first thing I do every day! Also, BP was the only school I applied to as well so I know how you feel!! :(
Ahhh! And we were suppose to hear back this month.... this is the last week!!!!

I saw an old thread from people applying for 2018 and most people didn’t hear back until the first week of March. So I have a feeling we will find out next week! I know it’s stressful but try to keep positive thoughts :)

I saw an old thread from people applying for 2018 and most people didn’t hear back until the first week of March. So I have a feeling we will find out next week! I know it’s stressful but try to keep positive thoughts :)
Yeah last year I hear back March 6th, saying that I was accepted so you will probably hear back soon

Hi everyone! I applied for this round too, I'm super nervous! :confused: I was actually on the phone with graduate admissions a few days ago to ask if something on my application went through, and she said everyone should be hearing in a few weeks, so I think it'll likely be early March for us!

I just needed some people to commiserate with in the meantime :xf:

Hi everyone! I applied for this round too, I'm super nervous! :confused: I was actually on the phone with graduate admissions a few days ago to ask if something on my application went through, and she said everyone should be hearing in a few weeks, so I think it'll likely be early March for us!

I just needed some people to commiserate with in the meantime :xf:

Wow that’s awesome to hear! I’m so glad you called and thank you for updating us too!!! I’m so nervous. I think it’s getting worse and worse as we get closer to March but I need to just find out already. I’m not sure how I’ve managed to stay sane the last month

Wow that’s awesome to hear! I’m so glad you called and thank you for updating us too!!! I’m so nervous. I think it’s getting worse and worse as we get closer to March but I need to just find out already. I’m not sure how I’ve managed to stay sane the last month

Same here! I can't stop refreshing my email like a crazy person, haha.

On a different note, today I heard someone who went to Bay Path previously say she has heard that its reputation is going down a bit, especially due to the big class sizes. Has anyone else heard anything about this? Honestly it doesn't change my own opinion much, but I'm just curious.

On a different note, today I heard someone who went to Bay Path previously say she has heard that its reputation is going down a bit, especially due to the big class sizes. Has anyone else heard anything about this? Honestly it doesn't change my own opinion much, but I'm just curious.

Yeah, I’ve actually heard the same thing as well. I actually use to be in the five year program at AIC so I started the first year of grad school when I was a junior. I didn’t pass two classes with the B minimum so I got dismissed from that program. I’m just glad it didn’t wreck my gpa and I just switched my major so I can still graduate on time with my bachelors and not have to do any extra school. However, when I was in the program my professors mentioned how BP did lose accreditation at one point and if you get a degree from a school that isn’t accredited by ACOTE then you can’t take the boards but I know that they have done things to fix whatever the problem is because they obviously regained heir status as an accredited school. I also have heard things about the class size and that the focus on each individual student isn’t the same compared to other programs. I just think at the end of the day it depends on the student and how they learn. Some people learn better with smaller class sizes and for some it doesn’t matter. I applied to BP because of the fact that it is only two years and that it is so close to my home. It would be really convenient. I’m also a much more confident student than I was when I started the program at AIC and I don’t think I would do bad in a large class size. With smaller class sizes the professors are definitely able to form a relationship with each student and if you fall behind track they make a point to reach out. I think with bigger programs you kind of have to look out for yourself and stay on top of things more. I’m sorry this was an essay!!! But I hope this helps! :)

Also, at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter where you get your degree from. As long as the school has accreditation then you’re fine. If you’re ready for the rigor of graduate school then you will do fine in this program. It’s not going to be easy but as long as you stay focused and passionate, everything will work out! I wouldn’t listen to the negatives people have to say. I think bay path university has a fantastic reputation and i regret not applying when I was in high school. I’ve done a lot of research on bay path and paid close attention to their webinars. They do offer outside tutors and plenty of resources for extra help if you need it and the professors seem very professional and helpful. I know a few people in the program and some who have graduated and I’ve heard good things. I think every single program has its own weaknesses.

That does help, thank you!! I have my bachelor's from UConn (verrrrry big classes), so I really don't mind the bigger classes (if anything, it keeps professors from calling on me more often, haha).

I applied for much of the same reasons you did, it's really the most convenient where I live (I'm 10 minutes away), and is only two years, which would *really* help a broke person like me. I'm trying to take everything I hear with a grain of salt, because I know at the end of the day, my main focus is getting a degree in something I enjoy :shrug:

AIC I was going back and forth about applying to because of the location. Did you ever feel unsafe on campus at all?

That does help, thank you!! I have my bachelor's from UConn (verrrrry big classes), so I really don't mind the bigger classes (if anything, it keeps professors from calling on me more often, haha).

I applied for much of the same reasons you did, it's really the most convenient where I live (I'm 10 minutes away), and is only two years, which would *really* help a broke person like me. I'm trying to take everything I hear with a grain of salt, because I know at the end of the day, my main focus is getting a degree in something I enjoy :shrug:

AIC I was going back and forth about applying to because of the location. Did you ever feel unsafe on campus at all?

So I know AIC has a reputation for its location but honestly there’s very few moments where I feel unsafe. I do get a lot of emails about how “shots were fired nearby” but it never involves AIC students. It’s such a small school so walking from the parking lot to your building takes about 2-5 minutes and there are so many people around always. They just opened the new health sciences building which is honestly really nice and high tech. They have napping areas for students where they can actually sleep with privacy by pulling a curtain (it’s basically a big cubby) so that’s one cool thing. But the thing about AIC is that it really is so expensive when you can go to a nicer school in a nicer location which is another reason why I like BP. Plus AIC is a three year program, so you’re paying that ridiculous price for three years which is not including the costs of your books and your fieldwork attire and a lot of other little things that add up and nobody mentions it until you commit to the program. I know BP actually requires us to buy iPads and it actually saves us from having to buy a lot of books because we can just use apps that are free.

Hi currently, in the MOT bay path program. There is a lot of self-directed learning but the professors are always there to help. I feel like I am learning a lot in the program! I personally like that it is an accelerated 2-year program. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Hi currently, in the MOT bay path program. There is a lot of self-directed learning but the professors are always there to help. I feel like I am learning a lot in the program! I personally like that it is an accelerated 2-year program. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Thanks so much for answering!:) I actually do have some questions. How big are your classes? & How do your competencies/practicals work? Do you have many?

Thanks so much for answering!:) I actually do have some questions. How big are your classes? & How do your competencies/practicals work? Do you have many?
Hi, there are 5 sections and about 22-25 in each section and then there are 10 different lab sections, 2 in each section for example I am in section 2 but lab 3 and the labs have about like 10 students in it and you just stay with your section throughout the program. Every practical is different and you have 1 or 2 practicals in each class. Usually you and your partner sign up for a time and you do the practicals on each other in front of the professors. Don't worry its not as scary as it seems :)

As you can imagine.... not well :(

I’m really sorry. I know it’s really hard. You just gotta stay strong and keep moving. You can always apply for the next cycle again and do a lot observational hours in the mean time. Things will work out.

Hi, there are 5 sections and about 22-25 in each section and then there are 10 different lab sections, 2 in each section for example I am in section 2 but lab 3 and the labs have about like 10 students in it and you just stay with your section throughout the program. Every practical is different and you have 1 or 2 practicals in each class. Usually you and your partner sign up for a time and you do the practicals on each other in front of the professors. Don't worry its not as scary as it seems :)

Thanks so much for answering! One more question I thought of, haha. How do you find the pacing of classes to be? Is it too fast, or just right? I am in COTA school currently (Level II Fieldwork), so I do have some previous knowledge, and I'm hoping that should help? Our school also went through some topics pretty quickly, so I'm hoping to get a good refresher on them in this program.

Thanks so much for answering! One more question I thought of, haha. How do you find the pacing of classes to be? Is it too fast, or just right? I am in COTA school currently (Level II Fieldwork), so I do have some previous knowledge, and I'm hoping that should help? Our school also went through some topics pretty quickly, so I'm hoping to get a good refresher on them in this program.
OMG! I am a COTA too. I definitely felt like it helped me. It is an accelerated program so, they throw a lot at you but, having background knowledge helps. Also, only as you are on top of your work you should be fine :)

OMG! I am a COTA too. I definitely felt like it helped me. It is an accelerated program so, they throw a lot at you but, having background knowledge helps. Also, only as you are on top of your work you should be fine :)

OH that's awesome! Are you still working while being in the program? I was thinking of doing part time on the weekends, to help with the costs. Is it possible with the workload? I've heard the first couple of semesters are intense.

OH that's awesome! Are you still working while being in the program? I was thinking of doing part time on the weekends, to help with the costs. Is it possible with the workload? I've heard the first couple of semesters are intense.
I decided not to work because it was so accelerated and I felt it was to much for me and also, I am from NJ so, I didn't want to get another license.

I’m really sorry. I know it’s really hard. You just gotta stay strong and keep moving. You can always apply for the next cycle again and do a lot observational hours in the mean time. Things will work out.
Thank you so much for you the encouragement and advice! I really appreciate it :)

Thank you so much for you the encouragement and advice! I really appreciate it :)

Anytime ❤️ The same thing might happen to me and I just keep reminding myself that each setback is a learning lesson. We can either improve or just dwell on what went wrong. Stay strong! I’m rooting for you.

Hey guys!! Anybody else coming from out of state?? I'm from Ohio. Pretty nervous:help:

Last edited:
Hi! I was wondering how many days a week you have classes? Trying to figure out if I can get a weekend job or if I will be overloaded with classes.

Hi! I was wondering how many days a week you have classes? Trying to figure out if I can get a weekend job or if I will be overloaded with classes.
It depends on your section you are in but it is usually M-Th but somedays you may only have like one class. And there is a common block on Fridays for exams but you won't have an exam every Friday! And Congratulations! My best advice is to make friends with second years! haha People in my section do work

Hey guys!! Anybody else coming from out of state?? I'm from Ohio. Pretty nervous:help:
Let me know if you have questions about apartments! I moved here from out of state too :)

It depends on your section you are in but it is usually M-Th but somedays you may only have like one class. And there is a common block on Fridays for exams but you won't have an exam every Friday! And Congratulations! My best advice is to make friends with second years! haha People in my section do work
Thanks so much! That doesn't seem too bad!! I appreciate the info haha. I'll definitely try to get to know the second years. Hopefully making friends in grad school is as easy as it is in undergrad :xf:

Thanks so much! That doesn't seem too bad!! I appreciate the info haha. I'll definitely try to get to know the second years. Hopefully making friends in grad school is as easy as it is in undergrad :xf:
haha! oh it is! You become super close to people in your section and you already know me!