Baylor #1 school??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else think since Gleevac is going to Baylor that it must be the #1 school in the nation. Rock on Gleevac you are the man.

Members don't see this ad.

Huh?

Baylor is a great program... but its not #1.

The Big H stands above all.

Does it matter if it is number one? Few people would deny that it is a good school. When you get that high in the rankings...you aren't losing much quality from school to school. You pick based on what suits you best. And not going to a top 25 school doesn't mean you will be a poor doctor by any means.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by G_Eagle
And not going to a top 25 school doesn't mean you will be a poor doctor by any means.

It just means you won't be the best.

Originally posted by doctorcynical
Anyone else think since Gleevac is going to Baylor that it must be the #1 school in the nation. Rock on Gleevac you are the man.

Unfortunately, according to your own Theory of Med School Quality (where the med school is directly proportional to quality of its basketball program and inversely proportional to the quality of its football program), Baylor COM's non-existent division I basketball team doesn't hold a candle to the likes of Duke. Then again, I guess that means UCSF is equally screwed as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think what medical school you go to is important. But, ask any doctor and they will tell you that it is where you do your residency that matters

True, but going to the better school could help you, with more connections, opportunities that change your future life direction, etc., to get into the best residency for you!

Very true, that is why I said it definitely matters what school you go to. But, the fact of the matter is no matter what school you go to, if you excel at the school, garner connections who will write you letters, and rock the USMLE then you can write your own ticket. For people who do fairly average during medical school, going to a prestigious school can make all the difference.

Nope, everyone knows that Stanford is #1....oh wait never mind, for a moment I was posssessed by Doctorcynical's subliminal messages.