Baylor acceptance stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dynastar

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have been accepted to Baylor already, I was just wondering what your stats are to see what the pattern was for early Baylor acceptances.

I had my interview on Nov. 15 and I will waiting to here something and would like to know what my chances are.

Members don't see this ad.

There are a lot of different factors that go into the decision rather than stats, that's why I'm always hesitant to post mine for reasons such as this. If you really need to know, call or e-mail Baylor. You never know, you might get lucky and get some news. Learning other people's stats won't help much.

Besides, if you just interviewed yesterday, you won't hear anything for awhile anyways. The average notice for acceptance is typically about two weeks after interview day.

I agree that there are a lot of different factors. The only reason I asked is because I thought that if everyone that had received acceptances had like 3.9's and 33-34 MCAT then I wouldn't hold my breath.

I realize that a lot goes into the decision but I thought I'd try to learn what I could to make the waiting easier.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Dynastar
I agree that there are a lot of different factors. The only reason I asked is because I thought that if everyone that had received acceptances had like 3.9's and 33-34 MCAT then I wouldn't hold my breath.

I realize that a lot goes into the decision but I thought I'd try to learn what I could to make the waiting easier.

Depending on whether youre in-state/out-of-state and whether you are an URM, I think a 3.7 and a 34 on the MCAT are on par with who gets accepted.

accepted in-state, without a 3.9 or a 34.
if you're getting interviews at Baylor before December, then i've been told chances are greater than 50% you will get in.

P. Parker

I'm an out-of-stater who interviewed on September 27, and I'm still waiting to hear from them. My roommate is an in-stater who interviewed the same day and got in the first day they called with acceptances, October 15. Our stats are almost identical, but I believe his interviews went better than mine, for what it's worth. Not to purposely hijack your thread, but have any out-of-state non-MD/PhD applicants received an acceptance from Baylor?

I think this is just hard for everyone who has yet to get in because they know you can get the call at anytime. It isn't a definitive acceptance, waitlist, or rejection unless you hear right away. You can pop up into the top 10-15 applicants on the ranked list at anytime depending on how later interview sessions go.

If you have interviewed already, why are you worried about your stats?

I think that once you interview, your stats aren't as important as they were before. I know of one school in particular that doesn't look at gpa or mcat scores once you get to the interview process.

most schools definatey still take gpa and mcat and ec's into consideration after you interview - the interview is really importnat but its another piece of the acceptance puzzle. dynastar - dynastar i pm'd you.

nupedogg ;)
i know of 2 people (non mstp) who got in from out of state. there is no diff between mstp and md for this part of the process.

I'm not worried about my stats. This thread wasn't a thread to get people worried about stats. I'm very confident in my stats and believe I have somewhat of a chance.

I was just curious to see what caliber of student stat-wise was getting accepted early. If the people who were getting accepted early all had MCAT's above the Baylor average, then I would tend to think that the early acceptances would go to those above and at the average.

I'm in no way worried. I just thought it would be interesting to know the statistical data behind those already accepted.

ahhh.......ic....well good luck dynastar....I hope you get in.

that school I was talking about is Michigan State. I was given that info from the adcom when I was there. I believe it is also published in their literature.