Baylor and Significant Others

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BucsFan813

Is anyone bringing their significant other with them to their interview at Baylor?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waiting for the second-look weekends to bring my husband along, although I do give Baylor props for being so open during interviews as well. I figure the intial interview is really about seeing how well you as an individual "fit" with the school. Wait and see where you get accepted before you bring your significant other along to get their impression of the places you will be potentially spending at least the next 4 yrs of your lives...it'll be a lot cheaper, and a lot less turmoil (that is, unless you get acceptances from all the schools you interview at!) :D

i think i read on another thread on SDN that bringing a family member is a no-no. i'd say that bringing an SO to the interview day is the same thing. now if y'all were to visit the day before or day after outside of the interview day itself, i think that'd be a good thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone bringing their significant other with them to their interview at Baylor?

Don't bring them to the actual INTERVIEW, but I would see no problem if you were having your SO tag along (especially if you wanted to have a weekend together in Houston). The social event/dinner was kind of pointless, so if you missed it and instead went and explored Houston on your own with your SO, it would probably be more productive. I did really enjoy staying with a student host, as we went out that Friday night after the pre-arranged social to get a better look a Houston (and its bars), but if your were going hotel, I'd say bring them along.

On their invitation to interview Baylor specifically invites SO's to all of the non-interview parts of the interview day. I interviewed at Baylor a few weeks ago and considered bringing my wife but we weren't sure what to do with our son, so she didn't end up going.

FYI - Out of probably 50 interviewees that day I didn't see a single person who brought their SO, so you might stick out if you did.

Honestly, I don't get why an SO would want to go. I think it would be mindnumbingly boring to sit through hours after hours of presentations about a school. I could see how with you on the trip and checking out the city because that's majorly important to their lives, but surely you could do something more fun on the interview day.

Also, as other people have pointed out, it's possible that having a spouse there will interfere with your interaction with other interviewees. I know that when my husband and I go to social-type functions together, we tend to spend the majority of the time talking to each other if we don't know other people. From observation, it seems like lots of couples operate that way, too.

Honestly, I don't get why an SO would want to go. I think it would be mindnumbingly boring to sit through hours after hours of presentations about a school. I could see how with you on the trip and checking out the city because that's majorly important to their lives, but surely you could do something more fun on the interview day.

Also, as other people have pointed out, it's possible that having a spouse there will interfere with your interaction with other interviewees. I know that when my husband and I go to social-type functions together, we tend to spend the majority of the time talking to each other if we don't know other people. From observation, it seems like lots of couples operate that way, too.

i've seen hundreds of students go through, some have brought their SO's along, but i don't think its the best thing to do