Baylor College Medicine Match List Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

satcool

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have the 2003 copy of Baylor's match list, however only the pgy-1 results are included. Could someone explain what pgy-1 refers to (I also noticed that my copy of match list skipped specialities such as neurosurgery)? If somebody could post the complete match list for 2003 and 2004 and answer my questions, that would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

This means it only lists the matches for new graduates into their first year of residency (pgy-1 = post-graduate year 1). So, for example, graduates of that medical school that, having done a general internship, match into plastics for their second post-graduate year would not be included.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know why Baylor does that. There are so many transitional and preliminary matches that it would make sense to provide PGY-2 info. If you manage to get the PGY-2 info, however, please post it on SDN or PM me (I'm curious about these matches, as I'm on the waitlist at Baylor right now).

i would also be very interested in seeing the PGY2 list...

elias514 said:
If you manage to get the PGY-2 info, however, please post it on SDN or PM me (I'm curious about these matches, as I'm on the waitlist at Baylor right now).

How would PGY-2 matchlist info affect your application status?

What is misleading is that a PGY-1 only list is going to be weaker since it won't show many of the stronger positions that people get in PGY-2.

I'm just curious...seems like almost all the pgy-1 matches are in texas. I want to get a feel for where baylor graduates are matching.

a lot of people choose to stay in texas/houston. the tmc has some really good hospitals.

others get married and are dragged into the texan trap. never, i say. never.

what else is there to know? stop the frivolous bumping.

I'm not worried about Baylor's matching history; I know that Baylor grads do extremely well in the match. I'm just curious about the PGY-2 matches...that's all.