Baylor College of Medicine -- Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i live at lanesborough too and have been here since june - watch out for the comcast deals, we almost got screwed. so we signed up for the double play (digital cable and internet for 66 bucks), and since we have to pay lanesborough 40 a month for cable, we were told that 40 bucks would be subtracted from the comcast bill since lanesborough already pays them. that is not how it works though - lanesborough cable is standard and the package uses digital starter, so since they are different things (according to them) you have to pay them AND the apt complex. after 3 hrs on the phone we got our money back for the first month and cancelled the package and signed up with comcast just for internet. so what is the moral of the story? Don't sign up for the attractive-looking packages unless it is STANDARD cable. the double play deals are digital starter, not standard. if you want cable, just use lanesborroughs and dont sign up for it at all. if you don't want to use comcast cable, your only option is to not have cable at all or to get satellite. hope this helps. btw for those new to the complex, the management staff sucks so bad its not even funny. you'll find out. sorry, rant over.

I never have paid lanesborough anything. When we started our lease I just signed a form that said I DIDN'T want cable. It hasn't been a problem since. I think by signing that form, lanesborough actually came out and disconnected my outdoor line. When the installation guy came to set it up, he could not figure out why it wasn't working. He went out there and plugged it back in and told me that lanesborough is not authorized to do things like that themselves.

By the way, when you move in, make sure you mark down EVERYTHING that is wrong with the apartment no matter how small. I have heard bad things about them being really harsh on your deposit when you move out.

And maintnance has been a pain in the ass here so far. We have had a fan that doesn't work and we have put FOUR work orders in, starting 4 weeks ago, and they still havent fixed it. There was a leak in the apartment under us a few days ago, the maintanace guy came to fix it from our apartment. I told him about the fan and showed him, and he litterally looked at it and said "yea we need to fix that" and left. No one has come since...

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for all the helpful advice!! just wondering . . .have any of you bought your stethoscopes yet? haha, or books?? my upperclassmen friends (rising MS2's) tell me not to buy them but our book list is different from theirs . ..

Members don't see this ad :)
yes lanesborough blows. our windows leak when it rains and they still haven't been by to fix it. however they came and replaced the garbage disposal yesterday...too bad it worked fine and we didn't put in a work order!

Ok so someone I met who lives at lanesborough told me how to get free cable through comcast-they said that they signed up for internet, and when the comcast people came to connect their internet they just asked them to connect the cable as well and they did it for free.

ALSO-party/social this friday at my apartment! It's my birthday-so on the 25th come out to Lanesborough 1235 from 9 until whenever! I live on the small side-the easiest thing to do is to park on the street by the pedestrian gate-the code to get in the gate is 513. I live ont he 2nd floor up the stairs right by the gate. call me if you have problems getting in-979-220-4866. hope you all can make it!

But how am I supposed to get home? :p

One week and counting! Is everyone ready?

Congratulation to the classof 2012 I'm jealous! HEY GUYS!!!! Anyone from out of state and made a 32 MCAT and got into Baylor???? This is my top choice and I would be sooooo ecstatic to go. 3.8ish 3.9 gpa from public university (not big name) any chance? You can message me privately if you don't want everyone to know u made a 32

Congratulation to the classof 2012 I'm jealous! HEY GUYS!!!! Anyone from out of state and made a 32 MCAT and got into Baylor???? This is my top choice and I would be sooooo ecstatic to go. 3.8ish 3.9 gpa from public university (not big name) any chance? You can message me privately if you don't want everyone to know u made a 32

Ah to be young again and fretting about test scores :rolleyes:.

The real question you should be asking is if your file is good enough (and if you applied soon enough) to get you an early interview. Your MCAT score shouldn't be a problem in this regard as long as the rest of your file is excellent. Baylor's rolling admissions process can be quite daunting, but it favors those who interview early (before Oct. 15th). The more chances you have at being accepted the better the odds are of getting in. This is not to say that you can't get in if you don't interview until January or February. Baylor is nice enough to keep the class open until all interviews are finished.

I am sure I have only succeeded in making you more paranoid rather than putting you at ease. Just remember the real paranoia comes after you interview during the long cold wait for "The Call".:smuggrin:

Ah to be young again and fretting about test scores :rolleyes:.

The real question you should be asking is if your file is good enough (and if you applied soon enough) to get you an early interview. Your MCAT score shouldn't be a problem in this regard as long as the rest of your file is excellent. Baylor's rolling admissions process can be quite daunting, but it favors those who interview early (before Oct. 15th). The more chances you have at being accepted the better the odds are of getting in. This is not to say that you can't get in if you don't interview until January or February. Baylor is nice enough to keep the class open until all interviews are finished.

I am sure I have only succeeded in making you more paranoid rather than putting you at ease. Just remember the real paranoia comes after you interview during the long cold wait for "The Call".:smuggrin:

I never got a call. I got a black and white letter that I thought was fake for a week!

hey does anyone know what the deadline is on turning on those occupational health forms? ive been trying to reach the OHP people on the phone for a couple of days now to no avail. i kinda havent turned in those forms yet....

I went my whole MS1 year without having had Hepatitis B vaccination. The OHP office never told me even though I turned in all my forms. When I was getting PPD for MS2, they picked it up and then gave me the 3 shots.

Anyway, don't sweat it too much. You won't get kicked out of med school, and they'll just want it when you start. There will be an OHP component to orientation when everyone will have to get all their papers in order (unless they are me).