Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProdigyMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know when Baylor will call people for acceptance? I know some people have already posted their BCM acceptance on SDN. Should I call them myself and ask?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't get too anxious from the SDN acceptance thread. Just be patient. If you are 4-6 weeks after your interview with no word, then call.

If you get in "outright" (i.e. right after your interview) they will call you within two weeks of your interview. The people on the accepted schools list got in that way. If you're not accepted like that, then you'll get in anytime from now until February/March, or even later if you get off the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't get too anxious from the SDN acceptance thread. Just be patient. If you are 4-6 weeks after your interview with no word, then call.

It has been almost two months since my interview - I interviewed with the first batch - I have heard nothing other than a request to fill out the rest of my residency form. I knew they didn't hand out many acceptances right off the bat but I didn't think it would take quite this long...

If you look at last year's Baylor thread, a lot of acceptances started coming in around November 20. I wouldn't worry yet.

Edit: here is the link for that thread. Also, after looking again, it wasn't until December that many people got a call.

It has been almost two months since my interview - I interviewed with the first batch - I have heard nothing other than a request to fill out the rest of my residency form. I knew they didn't hand out many acceptances right off the bat but I didn't think it would take quite this long...
They either accept you or they recycle you. If you don't hear anything, that's not necessarily a bad thing. You might get in in January, or you might get a waitlist letter in Feb/March.

like other people have said, Baylor takes their time giving out the acceptances and only 2 people on SDN have gotten the call (so I speculate that they've given out maybe 10 acceptances so far, not many at all) I know its hard, but you gotta be patient. If you interviewed (and even more so if you are a Texan), you have a good shot of getting in.

No worries, recall the whole rolling admissions process. It unfortunately keeps us in the dark for a while though...