Baylor dental post-Bac,,,,anyone who completed it????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
McSexy, when did you turn in your completed application, do you remember? I'm wondering if whether the date that they receive our packets has anything to do with the interview process. The info pamphlet kinda makes it sound that way.

Members don't see this ad.

I had to send it expressmail LOL I was afriad it was going to be late but it got there on the 13th of march

Members don't see this ad :)
:corny:Congratulations, McSexy!!!!:thumbup:
I definitely wish I was in your shoes. I rather worry about the interview than getting an invite! :)

Now, I'm getting nervous. Every time my phone rings I hope to see a different number. :eek::scared:

Hopefully, I can stick it out for a week....when do you guys think it is appropriate to call and ask about the status of the application? I actually sent my application ON March 14. My understanding is that as long it is POSTMARKED on the 14th it should be fine.

Good luck to the rest of you guys who are waiting for "the phone call".;)
Keep me updated and I will do the same.

Congrats McSexy. I'm waiting for my call too..

Im also waiting on the call. I hope I make the cut for interviews. Congrats and wish all of you luck. :thumbup:

thanks guys!!!! but it sucks, i'm super excited, but i'm like um, what about you guys!!!!:( i really don't want to be in a class full of people who aren't cool enough to have SDN accounts:D

ok so i have the what if scenarios of the day...ok "what if" i got my call cause i live so far away, almost 300 miles....OR...they didn't want to call anyone on april fools day

Hey guys, I also applied for this. I thought for sure I'd get a call but McSexy has got me worried... I would give my left kidney and my first born for this program. :p

On interview day, maybe we can have a secret handshake to show we're from SDN. :idea: :laugh:

Hey guys, I also applied for this. I thought for sure I'd get a call but McSexy has got me worried... I would give my left kidney and my first born for this program. :p

On interview day, maybe we can have a secret handshake to show we're from SDN. :idea: :laugh:
LOL LOL see you laugh and i'm thinking LETS DO IT!

good luck:luck::luck::luck::luck:apparently i'm not sharing the luck well enough!
i'm nervous with you guys, and panicky and i'm like who's this mcsexy witch and why'd she get a call! :mad:

well i swear i check this thread every second i get at work, lol, so please oh please lets some more phones ring tomorrow! no fun having a party of one.

but i like to make these random post cause i have no life...but i like to envision them in august after the dat telling me that i did so well that there just going to put me into dental school now. LOL LOL :laugh:

nite guys!

Wow, I had a restless sleep worrying about getting into this program. I'm preparing myself incase I don't get the phone call. I'm planning on taking some post-bac classes during the summer and probably retaking the DATS. How is the DAT destroyer? :confused: Is it any good? yikes.:eek:

I've been worried since Monday...when I realized someone else has received "the call" and I haven't! Let's hope Natasha makes more calls this week...I really hope so, since it can't be that only one of us on here gets it, right? I mean, what are the odds? But eh, I have my fingers crossed!

Hi all, has anyone recently spoken to Natasha. Im curious if she's still calling for interviews or if she's done :idea:

I can't take the suspense much longer........ :eek:

You're telling me.:p Is anyone going to call this week if they didn't receive a phone call? Sorry for taking your line, but the suspense is really getting to me too!

Members don't see this ad :)
someone needs to call...do it for the team!!! lol, make it very nice, "natasha, was just following up on the post-bac program yada yada yada....tell her your name is mclovin...then hang up, lol sorry i just saw super bad...

think i'd be excited that oh yeah i got the call...what ever i'm like this:scared: i'm like why was i the freak singled out!!!! i want answers too, lol

tomorrow's thursday....some one should make the call!

You guys, I couldn't take it anymore (I was driving myself nuts), so I just called Natasha. She said that the committee has met and has chosen some applicants for the interviews, but nothing is yet final. They are still reviewing applications and more calls will be made. I'm hoping that this is true and she's not just saying that to make me feel better.

I asked her what they are looking for in their selection process. She said that it's case-by-case, but of course GPA and DAT scores have a big role...then it's how much you want to become a dentist, probably based on your letter of intent. I'm sure there are other special circumstances that they look at, since the answer was vague overall.

Anyway, I got kinda nervous so I forgot to ask how many applicants there are this year...someone should call back and ask! :) I'd like to know what are my chances! Ok, well...I feel a TAD BIT better now, knowing that I still have someone of a chance. Hope y'all do, too!

Oh yeah, another thought. Lately, I've become almost obsessed with this site. I check this everyday! Multiple times! Screw facebook and myspace...it's all about checking up on Baylor postbac now! hahahha sad...::laugh::p

LOL that means when I blow my interview a spot will open up booooo LOL LOL rivergrass u are freaking funny, cause I'm like you I check this post waaaaaaaaay more often than myspace!
but u make me feel super cool for being in the first round of people called...I'm like yeah my statement of intent was pretty good, LOl

Thanks for calling!

This sounded like it was right up my alley....until I read TX Resident required :(

I will call Friday and ask how many applicants applied this year. Man, I'm wondering if they already called 16 people...blah. haha and you're right...i have been checking this more than facebook and myspace as well...those two can wait.

I'm usually an optimistic person, but sometimes the realist part of me comes out....I mean...what are the chances that Baylor won't like the person and opens another spot? Anyways, when you called did you give them your name or did you just ask in general?

When I called, I started out by saying: "I'm calling to ask about the postbac program"...blah blah blah. But even before I could ask anything about the interview process, she asked me what my name was. I told her...and I swear, it was almost as though she recognized the name because she was like, "Oh, the committee has met to decide on some people but they are still reviewing and will make more calls later." That's not verbatim what she said, but close enough... I don't know if it's a good thing or not that she might have recognized the name. Maybe 'cause she knew I wasn't on the list to be called? :( Maybe I'm worrying too much and so I'm making stuff up in my head. hahahah. We'll see. But anyway, yes, you should def call, too, and ask for more info!

MAYBE they have already called 16 people for the interviews already...but if that were the case, how come no one else but McSexy has posted about it? Maybe everyone else isn't cool enough (or obsessed enough) for SDN. :p

Haha thanks for the bit of information! I will do the same tomorrow. I just can't believe that only one person on this forum only got an invite (which is awesome for mcsexy). It's just odd....haha a pun. :p

Out of the 1900 times this thread has been viewed, only one person with an interview? This is just weird. Everyone make backup plans, because even though Baylor is all we think about (our one true love)... you just never know. Only accepting 16 doesn't make for very good odds, unfortunately.

well i'm an interviewee, but i'm not in yet...so from now till the interview all i'm thinking about is the interview, but after the interview till the acceptance letter (fingers crossed) i need to work on what Plan B is?

um ok, yeah raise dat score...by alot!!! ugh being a texas resident, ah didn't want to have to leave texas, but i sure am applying to as many schools as i can afford to this time...(lol, yeah that's not a lot!) dude have ya'll applied out of state it's like the AADSAS fee, then each school has a fee!

definitely weirded out by the fact that no one else has posted that they received a call!!!! maybe they're just shy? i know everyone who's trying to get into dental school doesn't use SDN but come on now ONE person!!! WHAT is that about!

i swear i try not to be too cheesy but some of you guys have the most amazing, funny, witty personalities, like i'd so love for us to be in the same class together, i'm like we'd be the funnest/coolest class of dentist baylor ever graduated, :D

i'm terribly afraid of being in a class full of snobby, we take ourselves too serious group of people. (yeah yeah i know were going to be "professionals" but i hope ya'll understand what i mean)

oh dude the natasha lady has us memorized definitely or is just crazy good at what she does, cause i know i called to see if they had received my stuff, and i call and i was like "my name is, blah blah, and i'm applying to the post bac program and calling to make sure my stuff made it or whatever something like that" and she's like hold on let me check...and she check and she was calling out the names of my schools from the transcripts, i was just impressed that she didn't ask me to repeat my name...:thumbup:

ok so whats up with it now...do you guys have to sit and wait till 2 weeks before they call more people???:( not cool!!! would you like me to sabotage some people??? lol yeah right i can see myself sabotaging my own self... lets just say, i hope there are no stairs to climb, no salad dressing or other milky substance that i can drop on myself within 50 yards, and that the dreaded stuttering from middle school doesn't reveal itself

ok well it's good we got someone ready to make the friday call....yeah i'm probably half the reason the thread has been viewed 1900 times, i'd like to take credit for at least 750-800 of those viewings, lol:laugh:

You know what, McSexy? The more I read your posts, the more you remind me of a dear friend of mine. (Not a bad thing.) She's always bubbly, happy, giggling, and talking a mile a minute. The way she chats to me online resembles how you type on here. Lol. Are you like her in real life?

Anyway, truthfully...I check this website every free minute I have so that I WON'T have to think about "Plan B." I'm graduating college in a month and for some reason, I'm not ecstatic about it...maybe because I don't have a clear sense of what to do next!? Anyone else feel me on this? Yeah, of course we can all go and take more science classes, retake the DAT (and hopefully, kick its *** this time), and then reapply...but it still doesn't GUARANTEE anything. I don't think I can handle another year of rejection letters. Lol. The application cycle is about to start again in May, too...thinking of it is just depressing.

Funny thing is, I was SOOOOOOOOO (note the extra O's) sure that I'd get into this program...you know how in the pamphlet, it says that we will all be notified of their decision by April 30th? Well, that's my bday! hahaha. Call me gay, but I seriously thought that they couldn't POSSIBLY let me down on my birthday! ha. *sigh* Well, g'luck to each and everyone of us. :thumbup: Just gotta keep on truckin' I guess!

You know rivergrass...the more I hear from you, the more I can relate. I just came from a movie and I am still a little bit down. What bothers me is that I'm starting to doubt myself and starting to wonder what will happen if I don't get into dental school the next time around. what will i do? If I take more science courses...I would have to borrow money and hope that it will improve my application. I was counting on this too...at least I knew that it would be worth taking out loans to help me get closer to my goal. Your birthday is in 3 weeks. That's still a long ways. : )

Hey guys, just called this morning. They're still reviewing apps so there's still hope!

I suppose they aren't as anxious to give out these interviews as we are to receive them. :laugh:

I'm done calling though... don't want to annoy them. :thumbdown:

Hey guys!!

Any news?????????

I was wondering the same thing! This board has been dead all weekend. Lol. No news on my end, unfortunately. :scared: Has anyone else been granted an interview? Please share any new info!

Anyone else doubting themselves? I feel like I left out some important things in my essay which I was hoping to get the chance to explain in the interview... but with only a week left, I'm starting to lose hope. Beyond depressed right now. :(

They say they're "still in the review process," but I think this is just a nice way of saying "Sorry, if you were important, we would have called by now." Bah. I'll go curl up in a fetal position now.

Well guys,,,I too am on the edge of insanity with this phone call. I can't seem to understand why we haven't heard anything. I thought for sure we'd hear something today! Of course, tomm. I'll be saying the exact same thing! Until tommorow then,,,,,,,:scared:

well i know the last person you guys want to hear from is me... but i so don't like these faces ~:mad::scared:

but if no calls this week i will fill you in with anything they may say at the interview, like "we'll be calling another group next week" or "we're still interviewing"...OR SOMETHING! we need more smiley faces here.

i hope i get in and i don't blow it, i think i'm just a great candidate for this, i mean i currently work at a public health clinic, so this is what i'm passionate about, but i'm so afraid of my interview, i'm trying to prepare...and all i do is end up rambling and have a bunch of choppy broken thoughts and i feel like i won't give them a chance to know me! :scared: <~ theres my freaked out face, so have no fear, my spot will open up

is anyone going to make any calls there this week?

I don't think any of us want to make another phone call because we don't want to be told the same thing over and over again... McSexy, I guess the most you can do for us is to go to your interview and get info for us...such as what they used as their criterion for choosing applicants. It must be pretty hard for them, too, since everyone of us feel that we would make the perfect applicant for the program.

I know that I definitely fall into economically/academically disadvantaged, but I wasn't able to check a lot of stuff in that application just because my hometown and high school weren't one of the ones listed on the website... And now I also feel as though I've left out important info on my letter of intent because I was trying to keep it within the llimits of one page. Ahhhhhhh....I just want an interview spot! :(

McSexy, I was thinking...could you maybe give them a call? And maybe ask them how many people would be expected to interview with you that day, so you'd know what to expect...and I guess this could lead to you asking them how many people are going to interview all together. From that info, we could extrapolate how many people they really have called. Lol. I dunno...but I just thought it'll be better for you to call than us, since you wouldn't sound so desperate. =P

Oh man!! I really think life sucksssssss. I really think this whole thing is driving me crazy. Any time my damn cell phone rings, I get like this :thumbup:. Yesterday, I had someone calling me from Unknown so I definitly taught, my prayers have been answered, but noooooooooooooo!! Nothing good is happening around me. I have been trying so hard to be positive, but I guess I am not capable to be after going through two years of rejections!!!!

i don't mind calling, so i'll give it a shot, i'll let you guys know what happens

Hi everybody! I was wondering if you guys sent in more than one letter of recommendation? I was in such a hurry to finish it that I only sent in the one from my advisor. =[ I wonder if it would've helped if I had more letters...

I'm also waiting on a call but will most likely have to resort to plan B. good luck everyone!

Mavs730, I think they asked for 2 letters of recommendation. I sent in two... Perhaps you should call and ask on the status of your application? It might be too late...but at least you'd know.

It asked either for 2 letters from professors, or 1 from a predental advisor. I was just wondering if I had just did all three letters if they would be impressed or something. lol oh well No call today. Atleast I'm more prepared for next years application.

Lol. Oh, I see. I must have misread your post. Well, you get two thumbs up :thumbup: for trying!

Once again...waiting for that phone call that refuses to come!

I am very very sorry guys this may be the end of this thread... Got some info, don't want to go into too much detail I don't want it to come back negative on me, but its very likely that you may need to look into your plan B please don't ask me to get into specifics :(

They will not be calling any more people for interviews. Unless some of the ppl that they choose decide not to go, that is the only way they will invite more, but it is highly unlikely.

:thumbdown:(

That sucks! I feel for all of yall that didn't get in! I didn't apply this cycle but for some reason see this post-bac program possibly in my future. It sounds competitive, and depressing if you don't get in.

I called today too. Sorry guys, it's the end of the road. Good luck to you McSexy, I'm sure you'll do fine.

I called today, well they told me that so far they have only given few interviews after they interview some people next week, they will give some more??? I even asked are you sure they are going to give more interviews and they said yes. Have I been told the wrong thing. P.S. I didn't speak to Natasha, it was someone else

Shans...whoa, my sanity! It's like a see-saw...up and down, up and down. I have no idea what to think. Yesterday, I had given up all wishful thinking on this program; now you've brought back a glimmer of hope. But I'm still afraid to put too much trust into it...maybe the person you talked to doesn't know as much about the program as Natasha? I just don't want to get my hopes up again... :scared: But let's hope that the info you were given is correct! Cheers to that! :thumbup:

Last Week :scared:

Yesterday:(

Today :confused:

Is this some sort of Dream sequence????????

yeah the other person gives you hope, but when you speak with Natasha she pretty much says it is over... not in those exact words... but you get the poin.

Welll we will all know soon enough .. two more weeks for the official answer.

GL.

yeah the other person gives you hope, but when you speak with Natasha she pretty much says it is over... not in those exact words... but you get the poin.

Exactly! The other lady doesn't want to burst your bubble.

Oh well. Pray for the best, be prepared for the worst.

I was looking for the program on-line, and all I found on the Baylor website was master program, DDS, and some other PhD programs...
Is post-bac dental program same as Masters in Oral Biology??
If not, where can I read about the program?

One more question,
I know that you will get into DDS after you finish the program...
but do you receive credit for DDS program??
like, when you transfer from community college you get units from
community college courses.

thanks a lot.