Baylor Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJ W.R.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just in case you didn't know:

Applying to Baylor College of Medicine

Although AMCAS is sending a one page summary of the applications, it is not
sufficient information for Baylor College of Medicine to evaluate the
applicants for interview consideration. Therefore, we are asking the
applicant to send a copy of their submitted/printed AMCAS application, MCAT
score report, and request the Advisors/Recommenders to send their letters to:

Baylor College of Medicine
Office of Admissions
One Baylor Plaza MS BCM 110
Houston, TX 77030.

We are also requesting the applicants to complete the Baylor Supplemental
Application located at http://public.bcm.tmc.edu/admissions/bcm-mdadmission2.html and submit via
the web. There is no Supplemental Application Fee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda M. Scott
Health Sciences Coordinator
Advising Services, 111 South Hall
University of California
1 Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616-8508
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (530) 752-2672
Fax: (530) 752-4545 http://advisingservices.ucdavis.edu

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS is only sending a one-page summary of our application to med schools?? I don't suppose they will be very helpful. *sigh*! :mad:

And what do you suppose will be on that 1 page summary?

MCAT & GPA. . .Numbers Game, anyone?

Oh boy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I was under the impression that the applications being mailed out were the full deal. I got this email from my campus advisor so I'm pretty sure that it's legit. Oh well, I don't think anybody really knows the "true" story about what is going on with AMCAS. I'll just sit back and relax and hope for the best...one day at a time.

DJ: Did you receive this notice via email or US mail? I listed Baylor on my app six weeks ago and have heard nothing from them.

I copied it directly from an email from the advisor on my undergrad campus. I'm on her mailing list to receive updates like this. I'm not applying to Baylor but I thought I would post it for anyone that was interested...

If you know anyone who applied last year or you yourself did, there was a one page summary letter you got from AMCAS when you application had been transmitted to schools.

I'll bet anything that that is what is being sent to the schools because they still have the capability to do that one page transmittal summary thing.

Hey 82734824, do you know what was on that one page summary that you are talking about from last year? If it is the same thing, it'd be a huge help for us so we know what is being sent to schools. Thanks.

Sure, my girlfriend applied last year and got accepted (thank goodness) and Im applying to (we both use this account because, well, we're lazy and our ISP keeps this account logged into SDN) this year.

On the transmittal thing there is your cumulative GPA, your science GPA, your "other" GPA, the number of hours of each type, science and other, you've taken at college, the colleges you've attended, your contact info, your MCAT data,

and at the bottom there is a list of the schools your application was transmitted to

Now hopefully, more like a leap of faith, AMCAS will NOT send along the last part which shows the schools your app was sent to but who knows

so its definately just a bunch of numbers.. I guess i couldve figured that. In one page theres no way they could fit in extracurrics or essays. OH well.

No matter what I do my Baylor secondary essays show my paragraphs running together. T've tried putting a line in between paragraghs, putting a line in between and indenting, and simply indenting. Nothing works. This is only on the printout version of it, not when I look at the fields themselves. If anyone got their essays to appear the way they intended them to could you please share the wealth? Thanks

Originally posted by Georgey:
•No matter what I do my Baylor secondary essays show my paragraphs running together. T've tried putting a line in between paragraghs, putting a line in between and indenting, and simply indenting. Nothing works. This is only on the printout version of it, not when I look at the fields themselves. If anyone got their essays to appear the way they intended them to could you please share the wealth? Thanks•

Thats weird, I just inserted a blank line in between paragraphs and it shows up that way on the printout.

The only thing I can suggest would be maybe to try using HTML tags.

Put a <p> in front, and a </p> at the end of each paragraph.

Does anyone have any clue when Baylor will start sending out interview invites?

Last year, I believe they started sending invites around mid-late August, for interviews starting in mid-September (earlier if you are applying early decision). Because of the AMCAS issues and the flood issues, I wouldn't be surprised if this schedule gets pushed back 2-4 weeks.