Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Baylor Medical College?? What's up??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by katy, Feb 5, 2002.

1. katy

katy Member
    10+ Year Member

I was wondering if anyone heard from Baylor? Any rejections, acceptances? How long will they be interviewing?

2. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    From my understanding, thir last interviews are two weeks from today. As for rejections, I don't think they have sent any out yet. I heard from Sterling that so far they have let in a small amount of people into the class. I'm guessing the majority of people will hear march 15.

3. BUmiken12

BUmiken12 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

4 of my friends here at Baylor University have gotten their acceptance letters. I don't know if BCM has just sent out their texas acceptances or what, but just thought i'd let you know...

4. mma

mma Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Baylor only accepts a few people right off after each interview session and reject none until the end. After the Saturday interview session, the adcom meets to give you a score, then they plug your score into a computer program that assigns you a rank based on your interview score, GPA, MCATs, etc, and includes everyone who has been interviewed. People who are ranked in the top 10-15 after each ranking are accepted within 2 weeks. (Interview sessions occur every 2 weeks.) Those who are not accepted right off stay the rank list. If they make it to 10 or 15 before March 15th, they are accepted earlier. After March 15, they take the top, like, 200 people on the list and accept them. The next few are waitlisted, and so on.

Not hearing is not necessarily a bad thing!

mma

5. jaeida8

jaeida8 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

How many people are in Baylor's final entering class? I know for sure that a few spots are basically reserved for students such as those at my college who are in a program where they get a conditional acceptance to Baylor when they are seniors in high school. All they have to do is maintain a certain GPA and get above a certain MCAT score.

6. mma

mma Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

There are 168 matriculating students. They offer something like 300 acceptances to get this class size.

mma

7. Sterling

Sterling Member
    7+ Year Member

For the two assured acceptance programs, students are permitted to apply to other med schools--they aren't locked in to Baylor. Also, a fair number drop out (change their minds or fall below the requirements), so the number of UTPA-Baylor/Rice-Baylor matriculants vary each year.

8. Sterling

Sterling Member
    7+ Year Member

And I could be wrong, but I don't think Rice-Baylor students are required to take the MCAT. Lucky kids!

9. BUmiken12

BUmiken12 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sterling:
    <strong>And I could be wrong, but I don't think Rice-Baylor students are required to take the MCAT. Lucky kids!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sterling,
    sorry, but this statement is incorrect. I go to Baylor, and we are required to take the MCAT if we want consideration to BCM. A guy from the admissions committee (I forgot his name, sorry) spoke to us in November, and he stressed the MCAT a great deal.

10. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BUmiken12:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sterling:
    <strong>And I could be wrong, but I don't think Rice-Baylor students are required to take the MCAT. Lucky kids!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sterling,
    sorry, but this statement is incorrect. I go to Baylor, and we are required to take the MCAT if we want consideration to BCM. A guy from the admissions committee (I forgot his name, sorry) spoke to us in November, and he stressed the MCAT a great deal.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He meant kids in the integrated "Rice-Baylor MED" program. --Trek

11. Sterling

Sterling Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Trek_OCLV. That is exactly what I meant. :) Sorry for the confusion.

12. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Baylor Med actually has 3 undergrad-med guaranteed admissions programs: Rice-Baylor, UT Pan American-Baylor, and Baylor-Baylor.

The Baylor-Baylor program is pretty new and very small. But you do have to take the MCAT for it.

I guess Baylor Med is particularly fond of undergrad guaranteed admissions for some reason.

13. saffron

saffron Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

ok so they offer 300 acceptances- does anyone know how many people total they interview?

also, how many people out of those 300 have been accepted so far? any guesses? i would say around a 150 or so, if 15 are accepted every 2 weeks (so 30 per month, around 5 months of interviewing)...or i could be totally wrong? :confused:

someone help...

14. El Jefe

El Jefe The Jefe
    7+ Year Member

Well they say they accept 50% of interviewees, so I guess that means about 600 people will interview.

15. idiot

idiot Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed Jan 11-12 and got a call from Dean Bradshaw last night.