Baylor news?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabeadoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any recent Baylor news? Does anyone know if they still have a lot of acceptances to send out? thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

They've handed out over 200 acceptances so far and right now, they're waiting for more people to withdraw before handing out more. They do indeed anticipate handing out more, though. They have not yet reached the number minimum number of acceptances that they've given in any one year, so there is still hope for us.

So anyone holding an acceptance that won't be going to Baylor, please, please, please give it up! There are people out here desparate for your spot!!

Originally posted by ms. a
They've handed out over 200 acceptances so far and right now, they're waiting for more people to withdraw before handing out more. They do indeed anticipate handing out more, though. They have not yet reached the number minimum number of acceptances that they've given in any one year, so there is still hope for us.

So anyone holding an acceptance that won't be going to Baylor, please, please, please give it up! There are people out here desparate for your spot!!

How'd you get this info, ms.a? I swear, I call the admissions office at least weekly, and that one woman who answers is SO unhelpful! She said she couldn't disclose this kind of info to me. This wait is slowly killing me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by No Egrets
How'd you get this info, ms.a? I swear, I call the admissions office at least weekly, and that one woman who answers is SO unhelpful! She said she couldn't disclose this kind of info to me. This wait is slowly killing me.

Ummm, from someone who knows. I'd rather not be more specific. Also, they have apparently sent out their rejection letters, or will be doing so in the next few days. I'm not sure, but this probably also means that the waitlist letters have been sent out.

No Egrets, I feel your pain!

Baylor update:

Yesterday a friend of mine (non-TX resident) here in Cambridge received a rejection letter from Baylor (no interview)... Looks like your information is correct, ms. a.... I have my fingers crossed!!

Yes, a friend of mine who did not interview received her rejection letter as well. My understanding is that Baylor basically never "rejects" the people who interviewed. They are all placed on indefinite waitlist, and many people do not get the call until April or May.

I think around May 15 you are given the option to either keep waiting or withdraw your name from consideration.

"A friend of mine" also received a rejection letter from Baylor yesterday, no interview (non-TX resident). At least they finally got around to sending them. Closure is good.

I've heard a lot about the bad competitive atmosphere at Baylor because of their grading system after first semester. What do you all think? True?