Baylor Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skiz

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all you Baylor acceptees:

When I interviewed they talked about all the scholarships that Baylor gives out. Have any of you received one (come on, we're all anonymous here.) If not, do you have any idea when they will notify you?

Members don't see this ad.

i could be completely wrong, but i believe they start sending those out around Feb or so of next year. I would keel over with joy if I am lucky enough to get one. :)

I dont know much about the URM scholarship process (I'm not one, I'm an ORM unfortunately), but I know that out of staters automatically get a little over 4k a year, bringing out of state tuition down to 15k.

A lot of the scholarships that consider need wont be out until after FAFSA has been submitted, meaning Feb/March at earliest.

And for the merit scholarships they mentioned, well, I think they are mainly for out of state students. I looked at Baylor's financial aid site, but they dont mention anything about when these awards are given out. So if your question was simply in regards to the last classification, I guess I might as well have said "I dont know". But the auto-OOS scholarship is nice.

Well if you are a URM, then I believe you still can get free tuition throughout medical school. I don't know if this has changed or not, but it was one of the things they had in place in '99. One of the reasons why Baylor was so appealing.