Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Baylor Sec App

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Georgey, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Georgey

Georgey Senior Member

Some people have posted that they have sent in their secondary to Baylor. I would like to do the same but the Baylor website specifically states that the sec app should not be submitted until I have received notice that my AMCAS app has been transmitted. Can anyone tell me how they got around this?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sir William Osler

Sir William Osler Senior Member

yeah, good question. i actually just submitted my secondary and read that on their website. so, i called them up and the lady was very nice. she said as long as your amcas has been submitted and all your transcripts sent to amcas, then you should go ahead and submit the secondary. it's not a strict requirement nonetheless. if you have any questions, just call them. they're very nice.

4. Georgey

Georgey Senior Member

Tbone. I'm working on the Baylor Sec App now. Do know if they care if our essays knock out the intended paragraph spacing? Did you create a lin-space in between each paragraph, or did you let it all run together? Thanks

5. pillbug

pillbug Senior Member

I submitted my baylor app end of july. they actually sent me an email telling me it was fine to submit the secondary as well as send in copies of the primary, transcripts, etc... they sent this after they had recieved my preliminary info from AAMC (name, email)

For the essay I just put a line space in between my paragraphs. or you could just manually indent either way works i'm sure.

Good Luck!

6. CaMD

CaMD Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    So I'm just about to submit my Baylor secondary, but I've noticed that when I print out the application (as they suggest) the font is screwed up. Each paragraph is smaller than the next. Anyone else have this problem?

I've tried pasting in from word and from notepad and neither helps.

7. futuremsfdoc

futuremsfdoc Senior Member

mine did the same, but i went ahead and submitted it.

8. CaMD

CaMD Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks for the reassurance. I just submitted mine, too. I'm sure they'll notice a pattern fo messed up sizing and realize it's not our carelessness.

Aahhh. One more down.