BAYLOR wait list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nkg123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's some questions for those who have successfully gotten off the wait list at Baylor this year:

1. When did you get off the wait list?

2. Did you do anything special to improve your chances of being taken off the wait list? (i.e. write a letter, talk to the dean, etc.)

I am anxiously waiting on the Baylor wait list these days, and would like to know of those who were able to get admitted from it. Thanks very much in advance to all who respond!

Members don't see this ad.

I actually just got off of the waitlist last Friday, and there's one other poster on here who was notified on Thursday. However, to allay some of your anxiety, I think it just started moving at that point -- the class was originally oversubscribed, so movement is happening a little slower than usual this year.

I actually wrote a couple of interest/update letters to the school, and in May, I somehow managed to speak to the Dean -- I'm not really sure how that happened, maybe the office just got tired of me calling! Also, I sent in an updated letter of rec from a doctor I worked for, who was a Baylor alum. I'm pretty sure this helped a lot.

Good luck!

thanks lilycat for your reply.
I had a few follow-up questions if you don't mind.
How many letters did you write to Baylor?
How long ago did you interview?
When you talked to the dean, what did he ask you? Or did you talk more? and what did you say?
thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

--nkg

Members don't see this ad :)
According to my very inside source:

The Baylor wait-list is rank-ordered but information about a student's rank will not be released to anyone. Wait-listed students should not submit additional information.
Greatest movement occurs during May for Texans and during June and July for non-Texans. Very few are accepted after June 15.

nkg - I interviewed about 5 months ago, and I got off the wait list a week ago. I sent a new letter of rec. (from my PI in the lab where I work), wrote a letter to the dean, and called a couple of times. I wish I had more info for you - I'm sure if they just let people in last week it may still be moving. Good luck to you - let me know if you have any more questions,
MR