Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Baylor

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by thewebthsp, Mar 24, 2004.

1. thewebthsp

thewebthsp Shoobeedoowap
    10+ Year Member

What the heck is going on with these guys??

I interviewed on Sept. 5th,and nothing! heh

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mlw03

mlw03 Senior Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i'm in the same boat - we must have interviewed the same day i guess. i'm pretty pissed off at them at this point. after 6 months the least they can do is tell us what's going on.

4. Tbonez

Tbonez Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

After hearing nothing for almost 6 months, I just got my rejection letter from them.

5. No Egrets

No Egrets Bachelorette of Science
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed in Jan and still nothing... I called the admissions office a couple weeks ago to inquire, and they said that they plan on sending "status" letters "in a few weeks," whenever that is... In another thread about Baylor, someone said that they basically don't send out post-interview rejections until very late, keeping everyone in the game in case someone else turns down their acceptance or something. I hate it!

6. No Egrets

7+ Year Member

bump. anything?

7. thewebthsp

thewebthsp Shoobeedoowap
    10+ Year Member

postinterview rejections at Baylor?? yegersh

8. sunkists

sunkists im a fatty
    7+ Year Member

sept. 5th for me too. no word. bummer :(

9. G_Eagle

G_Eagle MS4 -> R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I interviewed Sept. 5, and I did not hear back but wanted to go to UTSW anyway so I withdrew. I do hope that you all get into Baylor. I remember that my interview day at Baylor was awesome! Everyone in the group was interesting and approachable. Good luck you all! (the people at UTSW were great too)

10. smctp

smctp Junior Member

is anyone getting in anymore?

11. No Egrets

7+ Year Member

bump again... getting mad

12. mlw03

mlw03 Senior Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i still haven't heard either, and i too am getting pissed. it's really friggin' inconsiderate to not tell you anything SIX MONTHS after your interview.

i just called to ask WTF is going on, and was told that final decisions will be sent out "in the next couple of weeks."

baylor may be high ranked, but they sure don't make the admissions process pleasant.

13. Trekkie963

Trekkie963 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

People definitely get into Baylor well into April. Sometime in April, everyone who interviewed and has not heard will get a letter either rejecting them or asking if they want to be put on the waitlist.

14. thewebthsp

thewebthsp Shoobeedoowap
    10+ Year Member

I hope no one has to wait six months for a rejection letter!!

:laugh:

15. sunkists

sunkists im a fatty
    7+ Year Member

i had my heart set on baylor for a long time -- but i've been gradually selling my heart to southwestern. the living accomodations at southwestern are so freaking nice. the newly built university apartments seem amazing and is nicer than any place i've ever stayed at my entire life.

i'm a little miffed at baylor for not keeping me more closely updated on the progress -- but i don't know how easy it would be for me to give up southwestern's lifestyle for baylor anymore.

plus i've got a friend i'd be rooming with at utsw and that sounds really lovely too.

ok ok, i admit, i'm really fickle. i'm all about baylor as a school and stuff but i'm also a little scared of getting academically spanked there.

any one in a similar situation? not sure what's gonna happen. i kinda wish i could just get rejected from baylor to make things easier. i never ever thought i'd hear myself saying that though. hmm.

16. No Egrets

7+ Year Member

in terms of getting an "academic spanking" i'd say UTSW and Baylor are more comparable than you portray (if anything UTSW sounds more fierce--letter grades instead of HP/P/MP/etc!)

of course as time goes by with no word from baylor, i'm finding more things i like about UTSW also (side note: why the heck does baylor do this to itself? by waiting so long they're giving ppl in our situation more time to distance themselves from baylor)... but whenever i start to think i'll just give up and give in, i remember how much fun i had at baylor and how the students there impressed me so much more than those at UTSW.

anyway, i also called the admissions office today and got the "final letters will be sent in about 2 weeks" response. they said the committee is still reviewing applicants, and they said these "final responses" will include acceptances, rejections, and yes, waitlist letters!!!! can you imagine having to wait more?

good luck everyone! PM me if you want to have a baylor/UTSW conversation.

17. Trekkie963

Trekkie963 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am in the same boat as many of you. If I had gotten into Baylor in February, I probably would have gone. Now I have found so many things I like about the place I am currently planning to go (USC) that I have no interest in Baylor anymore. I've found a place to live in Los Angeles and everything, so if Baylor comes back with an acceptance in two weeks, it's just going to be too little too late.

I really don't know why Baylor does this to itself. Baylor ends up with one of the higher acceptance rates (something like 12%), and I think it is because they wait so long to notify not just some, but many of their acceptees. Actually, I think Baylor's whole admissions process is stupid, with their strictly-adhered-to computerized rankings of applicants.

In the end, though, I think this is going to work out for the best for me. I don't think I would be nearly at happy as Baylor as I think I will be at USC. Baylor, for one thing, is just too stressful.

For those of you choosing between UTSW and Baylor, obviously you can't go wrong. If you are excited about UTSW now, though, I wouldn't worry about Baylor. You'll get a great education at either school, and if one of them is showin' you some lovin' by actually accepting you in a timely fashion, well then I say stick with that one.

18. sunkists

sunkists im a fatty
    7+ Year Member

i would like to think that southwestern was showing me some lovin' but unfortunately they too are simply adhering to Texas Match rules where all public schools in Texas notify people on Feb 1st. haha i can keep telling myself i am loved though.

but yeah. baylor baylor baylor. tsk tsk. its just a little disrepectful because they have accepted the people they "really" want and they're putting me and a handful of others in the maybe pile. and if no other high achieving people come their way, it feels like they're going to have to "settle" for me.

i'll always feel like a second class citizen there. boo.

if utsw was in houston, i'd be all over that. for some reason, i really love houston. wah.