Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcssnc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who already interviewed at Baylor has an idea b/n interview and feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

i would love to post on your thread but i have no idea what it says or means. what's b/n, beneath? is this question or a statement in your thread. confused

i would love to post on your thread but i have no idea what it says or means. what's b/n, beneath? is this question or a statement in your thread. confused

b/n = between...not too hard to crack that code.

O.P. I have no idea but I would like to know. I interviewed in Nov but haven't heard anything yet. My transcripts did take a while to get there though...

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends upon how good an applicant you are. Read the numerous threads talking about Baylor's selection process (in detail) that have been posted here in the past. Stellar applicants are called back, usually within 2 weeks of their interview. Some don't hear that they're on the waitlist until Feb./Mar.

i spoke to the admissions office today, and apparently they can notify you as late as april that you have been accepted...at this point, they form the wait list.

For everyone waiting for a word from Baylor (post-interview), I hear Baylor is "behind" (this is what they told my pre-med advisor). And the reason they give is because AMCAS is behind this year. In any case, there are a lot of us waiting... only 5 people from my undergrad have been accepted so far (one of them being MD/PhD and 2 others being early decision) and they usually take 40 of us (according to a presentation the dean gave at our school). So basically, this is why we are waiting :(

For everyone waiting for a word from Baylor (post-interview), I hear Baylor is "behind" (this is what they told my pre-med advisor). And the reason they give is because AMCAS is behind this year. In any case, there are a lot of us waiting... only 5 people from my undergrad have been accepted so far (one of them being MD/PhD and 2 others being early decision) and they usually take 40 of us (according to a presentation the dean gave at our school). So basically, this is why we are waiting :(

Rice?

Man this is ... uhh ... incoherent

I mean, what does "b/n" mean here?

"Anyone who already interviewed at Baylor has an idea 'between' interview and feedback."

I don't understand what the question is?

Man this is ... uhh ... incoherent

I mean, what does "b/n" mean here?

"Anyone who already interviewed at Baylor has an idea 'between' interview and feedback."

I don't understand what the question is?

I'm with you, even with the discovery of b/n meaning between (never seen it before) the post still doesn't make sense. We're lacking some key prepositions, articles, and subject-verb agreement that leaves most befuddled...

I have long suspected something like this was happening. Thanks for doing the detective work! :)

It is kind of ironic that Baylor is one of the quickest, earliest, and most aggressive in granting and performing interviews, yet the slowest to give acceptances. I guess it buys them plenty of time.

Members don't see this ad :)

how was AMCAS 'behind'? and was this a problem that just affected Baylor or all schools? it seems as though their interview invites were on schedule but its just the acceptances that are lagging so I'm confused as to how AMCAS is affecting them post-interview. just curious:)

how was AMCAS 'behind'? and was this a problem that just affected Baylor or all schools? it seems as though their interview invites were on schedule but its just the acceptances that are lagging so I'm confused as to how AMCAS is affecting them post-interview. just curious:)

i'm just relaying the message... i wish i knew :(

looks like baylor is calling again...unfortunately i was not one of the lucky ones :(

an acceptance was posted today, the first in a while...of course it could have been from some time in the past...

Does anyone know when Baylor is gonna massively give out acceptances?

who the hell knows...I interviewed there over 4 months ago and I have yet to hear anything. the only thing that keeps me from conceding a impending rejection is the fact that hardly anyone on sdn has gotten an acceptance.

Do they give out mass acceptances in February or March? I'm OOS, so I'm even more worried. I really liked Baylor when I interviewed, but it's been over 3 months, and I am expecting either a waitlist or rejection at this point ...

Do they give out mass acceptances in February or March? I'm OOS, so I'm even more worried. I really liked Baylor when I interviewed, but it's been over 3 months, and I am expecting either a waitlist or rejection at this point ...
Last year, they gave out lots of acceptances in Nov/Dec/Jan, but, I guess, like littlelaura said, this year they are "behind."

no clue...they do seem to be moving slower than last year. we are at 8 acceptances so far, down from 18 at this point last year.

Dang.. I'm really hoping for Baylor. It was most impressive out of all the schools I've visited. (Let's see if that changes when I visit Wash U)

well its not only 8 acceptances. i know like 4 people not on sdn that have gotten in this year. one of my friends just got in today so i guess they are calling

well its not only 8 acceptances. i know like 4 people not on sdn that have gotten in this year. one of my friends just got in today so i guess they are calling

noted...but i would assume that the percentage of baylor applicants on sdn is fairly constant year to year, as is the number of applicants who post their acceptances. by that reasoning, it does seem as though they are more slowly this year.

does this mean they are done giving out interview invites?? I am yet to receive an invite from them and i'm praying they would call/email me someday soon..

i'm just relaying the message... i wish i knew :(

does this mean they are done giving out interview invites?? I am yet to receive an invite from them and i'm praying they would call/email me someday soon.. Do you know anything about this??