1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Baylor?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by relatively prime, Oct 31, 2002.

1. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

What's up with Baylor?! I called them and they said that no decision has been made on my application. I interviewed there over 6 weeks ago! Has anyone who interviewed and not been called (i.e. accepted) heard anything? Does this mean I'm on hold or what? The secretary is very uniformative... all she says is "no decision has been made for you yet" over and over again until I give up. :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Serenity07

Serenity07 Member
    7+ Year Member

I did a search for Baylor earlier today, wondering about the exact same thing, and mma posted this back in february:

"Baylor only accepts a few people right off after each interview session and reject none until the end. After the Saturday interview session, the adcom meets to give you a score, then they plug your score into a computer program that assigns you a rank based on your interview score, GPA, MCATs, etc, and includes everyone who has been interviewed. People who are ranked in the top 10-15 after each ranking are accepted within 2 weeks. (Interview sessions occur every 2 weeks.) Those who are not accepted right off stay the rank list. If they make it to 10 or 15 before March 15th, they are accepted earlier. After March 15, they take the top, like, 200 people on the list and accept them. The next few are waitlisted, and so on.

Not hearing is not necessarily a bad thing!

mma"

hope this helps!!

4. ::Seabass::

::Seabass:: bringing burkas back!
    7+ Year Member

You can be accepted any time off the ranked list of people who have interviewed. Depending on how many people they accept, they pull different numbers of people off every so often (I don't know how often.) I was there 9/27 and I'm assuming since I have yet to be called I won't hear anything till this spring. Even if they pull 15+ people after every interview session, I don't think many of those will be people who haven't heard anything yet. They will most likely be the highest ranked people in the most recent interview. You won't be rejected till they finish acceptances and then take those who are still on the list and decide who will be offered a waitlist position and that is in March I think. It sucks to wait so long....... I'm pmed Praying4MD because I know she got pulled off the waitlist, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

5. bujji13

bujji13 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey RP,

Speaking of schools to wait on, do you know when we should hear back from WashU? I know its only been 3 weeks, but they are rolling......:p Has anybody who is regular M.D. heard anything post-interview?

(Now I will turn into a hypocrite :rolleyes: ) :

Don't sweat it too much about Baylor. They have that funky comp-based admission system that probably complicates things more than it simplifies. You're out-of-state and you interviewed real early, I'm sure you'll get some good news soon. Plus, Baylor is worth waiting for :D

6. ::Seabass::

7+ Year Member

bujj13,
    when I was there they said they don't send out the first set of decisions till sometime in November. I think they even said mid-November, but for some, it could be months before they heard.

7. Slinkie

Slinkie I need a subtitle?
    7+ Year Member

I hate being in a limbo where I don't know where I stand for the next three months. I interviewed at Baylor 3/4 of a moon ago, and having heard nothing, at this point I would just like to get an email or letter telling me something definate, even a rejection. So far most of the interviews I've had were with Texas schools, and as ya'll know, there will be no reply from those till February. So there is another contributor to my state of limbo. So frustrating...

8. bujji13

bujji13 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Seaworth,

Yeah, I just got off my lazy, sdn-dpdt. bum and called WashU up. The secretary said they would start sending out decisions for regular M.D. at the end of november. It's gonna be a long winter......:(

9. ::Seabass::

7+ Year Member

Good luck bujj13! I'm pulling for you, because at the very least, it could mean a spot opens up at Baylor for me. ;)

10. If it makes you guys feel better... they gave me the same "no decision has been made on your file" story BUT for whether or not i would get an interview!!! my file has been reviewed but they no decision has been made on an interview invitation. I guess the fact that I'm out of state has something to do with it... but I have a good rec from a Baylor faculty and I was there all summer doing research! Arg. :mad:

11. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

Nov. 15 :)