francais7979

french7979
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Does Computer science classes count toward BCPM average? I thought I read a post where someone said it does count, but I am not sure. Can someone clarify please? I just want to know if it is counted as math.

talbo

10+ Year Member
May 30, 2008
California
Status
Pre-Medical
depends on the title of the course, if it's mathematically based such as Algorithms than it can be labled as math, otherwise it can be labeled as engineering which won't be included in the BCMP.

About the Ads

Phthirius pubis
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Officially, if it was taught by a Department of Computer Science [or something analagous], then it's classified as COMP and not MATH/BCPM. That said, people have squeezed things through due to course title, etc. The worst that happens is it gets re-classified during verification.

COMP
Computer Science/Technology
^this is quite literally a category on the AMCAS.....this is how it will be classified if it's in the computer science department no matter the course title or content!

talbo

10+ Year Member
May 30, 2008
California
Status
Pre-Medical
COMP
Computer Science/Technology
^this is quite literally a category on the AMCAS.....this is how it will be classified if it's in the computer science department no matter the course title or content!
i studied engineering and some of my classes were classified as mathematics; classes with titles "Statistics for Engineers" or "Probability" althought it was taught in the engineering dept, so it all depends. You can classify it a certain way, AMCAS may change it but if it's reasonable like the ones I've posted then it shouldn't be a problem cause I didn't have a problem.

About the Ads