1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

BCMP - Computer Science

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by francais7979, Dec 13, 2008.

1. francais7979

francais7979 french7979
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Does Computer science classes count toward BCPM average? I thought I read a post where someone said it does count, but I am not sure. Can someone clarify please? I just want to know if it is counted as math.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MeatTornado

MeatTornado On Sabbatical
    Physician 7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
  4. talbo

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    depends on the title of the course, if it's mathematically based such as Algorithms than it can be labled as math, otherwise it can be labeled as engineering which won't be included in the BCMP.

5. 146233

146233 Phthirius pubis

Medical Student
    Officially, if it was taught by a Department of Computer Science [or something analagous], then it's classified as COMP and not MATH/BCPM. That said, people have squeezed things through due to course title, etc. The worst that happens is it gets re-classified during verification.

6. MeatTornado

MeatTornado On Sabbatical
    Physician 7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    COMP [​IMG] Computer Science/Technology
    ^this is quite literally a category on the AMCAS.....this is how it will be classified if it's in the computer science department no matter the course title or content!

7. talbo

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i studied engineering and some of my classes were classified as mathematics; classes with titles "Statistics for Engineers" or "Probability" althought it was taught in the engineering dept, so it all depends. You can classify it a certain way, AMCAS may change it but if it's reasonable like the ones I've posted then it shouldn't be a problem cause I didn't have a problem.