BCOM chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parpar2222

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I just submitted my secondary application for BCOM today. I was wondering what you think my chances would be with these stats and my background??

MCAT- 507
CGPA- 3.27
SGPA- 3.11 and currently as a graduate student for my MPH in Bisotats 3.83 GPA

California native, UC Davis undergrad Neurobio Major (graduated in 3 years)... went on a mission trip to Honduras with Global Medical Brigades...tons of research/volunteer experience and have shadowed a DO

feel like I'm losing hope cause of my gpa but I did demonstrate an upward trend

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you know the answer to this question. If you didn't have a chance, you wouldn't have sent a secondary to them. All you can do now is sit back and wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it.

I have applied to

didn't add VCOM and RVCOM cause I was worried about the gpa factor

and the secondaries sent so far have been for NYIT, BCOM, and both the LECOM schools.

working on Touro-CA and Arizona colleges now.

I think you know the answer to this question. If you didn't have a chance, you wouldn't have sent a secondary to them. All you can do now is sit back and wait.

see I thought I had a slight chance until I saw people with much higher GPAs getting invited for interviews on the interview thread. Now I honestly don't know

You are competitive for all 3 VCOM's and you could also try the new school RVU-Utah.

But on the aacomas page they basically said I don't have a chance. I kid you not here is the exact quote for the school from VCOM

Science GPA - average 3.5
  • Overall GPA - average 3.6
  • Students with a GPA less than 3.2 are rarely accepted
  • MCAT

I'll add RVCOM. Are there any others you guys think I should add? Chicago? PCOM-Georgia, Marian, Rowan, William Carey, Okalahoma, Ohio??

see I thought I had a slight chance until I saw people with much higher GPAs getting invited for interviews on the interview thread. Now I honestly don't know

That is how the whole process is. The higher stat people will get interviews immediately. The people will lower stats will get them more slowly, hence the reason why applying early is important. Your stats are fine, be only worried if you don't hear back around 6-8 weeks later.

I would skip VCOM's, they really are GPA sticklers, even with your nice MCAT. I have a 3.1/502 and was placed on hold, but have seen 3.5/497 get secondaries.

I would skip VCOM's, they really are GPA sticklers, even with your nice MCAT. I have a 3.1/502 and was placed on hold, but have seen 3.5/497 get secondaries.

ya that's what i figured... do you think i have a shot of MSUCOM? with my stats. debating to send the secondary or not.

Yes very much so, 90% is in state. Plus the OOS tuition is 80k++++

oh maaannn. are there any other schools besides the ones I listed that I would have a shot at?
I'm getting nervous by the minute :/

so far I have submitted secondaries for BCOM, NYIT, LECOM (both campuses), ATSU Kirksville, ACOM, and Touro-CA... i'll be submitting more later