BCOM now vs Touro-NV Class of 2021 seat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sizillyd

Go Pack
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I received an email from Touro-NV today telling me that I am next on the waitlist. It is possible that I will get off the waitlist and be able to be in Class of 2020. However, if not, I will probably be offered a seat for Class of 2021. My question is this: What would you do?

Members don't see this ad.

BCOM now. Don't lose a year of future salary.

Absolutely my same thoughts. The opportunity costs right there are too high. What about if I am offered a seat in the Class of 2020?

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely my same thoughts. The opportunity costs right there are too high. What about if I am offered a seat in the Class of 2020?
if you get a seat to start this fall 2016 in touro-NV, id suggest taking touro just because of its reputation and its a little bit more established than a new DO school like BCOM

I would go with whatever place felt right, better, closer to home. BCOM is already more promising than Touro NV bc of rotations, research and GME imo

If you are on the younger side of the 20s, then my vote would go for Touro-NV (fall 2017). The big issue is that BCOM doesn't have federal loans at this moment. This will limit your pay back options.

If you are on the older side of 20s (ex. 28 or above), then go for BCOM. However, if you get the touro-NV acceptance for fall 2016, take it for the reason stated above.

Reactions: 1 user