BCOM vs UIWSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misosoups

Reaction score
I know there have been threads out there over these two schools already, but they were from quite a while back and I was wondering if anyone else had any newer feedback regarding these schools. I know BCOM dramatically improved their board exam scores but I've been hearing from a lot of people that UIWSOM would still be the way to go due to better rotation sites in Texas.

Members don't see this ad.

I know there have been threads out there over these two schools already, but they were from quite a while back and I was wondering if anyone else had any newer feedback regarding these schools. I know BCOM dramatically improved their board exam scores but I've been hearing from a lot of people that UIWSOM would still be the way to go due to better rotation sites in Texas.
I have heard that UIWSOM does essay answer tests which I do not know if it is a + or -. But I would have to say UIWSOM their affiliation with Texas makes them stronger in my eyes. I interviewed at BCOM last year and students were stressed because they got kicked out of their EL Paso rotation site because Texas didn't want non-texas schools having rotations in Texas, which was a red flag to me.