BCPM classification for physiological psych course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PH86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Physiological Psychology: Motivated Behavior

Course description: A study of the nervous system mechanisms that operate in the control of feeding, drinking, sexual and reproductive behavior, temperature regulation, sleep and dreaming, wakefulness, attention, and psychopathology.

I'm wondering if this class will count towards BCPM since it is technically physiology. Has anyone had success getting AMCAS to count a course similar to this as a biology course?

Members don't see this ad.

Just designate it a BCMP, and if AMCAS decides its not a science class they will automatically change it over to a regular class. I had several psych classes count towards my BCMP GPA when I applied.

Course description: A study of the nervous system mechanisms that operate in the control of feeding, drinking, sexual and reproductive behavior, temperature regulation, sleep and dreaming, wakefulness, attention, and psychopathology.

I'm wondering if this class will count towards BCPM since it is technically physiology. Has anyone had success getting AMCAS to count a course similar to this as a biology course?

There's this thing called a search bar

Members don't see this ad :)

I had this class and put it under biology since the syllabus and coursework were half biology half psych, but even the psych part relied on biological mechanisms/explanations.

Yes it's BCPM