Bcpm classification help

Lifeisamovie

Nov 17, 2020
    Hi everyone, I’m on my last stretch of final semester in spring, and I’m taking some heavy course load so I wanted a fun easy elective that still counts for science gpa as a buffer.

These are the descriptions if anyone can let me know their thoughts if these count for science gpa? Thank you!

PLS3400C - Principles of plant science:
    The course is designed to provide the student with basic knowledge of plant anatomy, genetics, physiology, soils, plant diseases and production practices of various crops

PLP3230- survey of plant pathogens:
    Introduction to the main groups of pathogens that are the cause plant disease, how they are spread and affect plants, and how they are identified and managed. The course also includes specific examples of how plant pathogens have changed the course of human history and culture.

sasukeuchiha33

2+ Year Member
  • May 28, 2017
    1. Pre-Medical
      I would most definitely count both of those as BCPM courses. If I can get away with classifying "the basis of behavior" as BCPM on AMCAS there's no way this wouldn't count as BCPM haha.

Reactions: 1 users

Lifeisamovie

Nov 17, 2020
        I would most definitely count both of those as BCPM courses. If I can get away with classifying "the basis of behavior" as BCPM on AMCAS there's no way this wouldn't count as BCPM haha.
        Than you! I was a little worried because they’re not considered scGPA at my school and they’re from the plants science department so I was a bit worried haha

About the Ads

Doctor-S

Grand Rounds Clinical & Research
        Lifetime Donor
        5+ Year Member
        Jun 9, 2016
          Hi everyone, I’m on my last stretch of final semester in spring, and I’m taking some heavy course load so I wanted a fun easy elective that still counts for science gpa as a buffer.

These are the descriptions if anyone can let me know their thoughts if these count for science gpa? Thank you!

PLS3400C - Principles of plant science:
          The course is designed to provide the student with basic knowledge of plant anatomy, genetics, physiology, soils, plant diseases and production practices of various crops

PLP3230- survey of plant pathogens:
          Introduction to the main groups of pathogens that are the cause plant disease, how they are spread and affect plants, and how they are identified and managed. The course also includes specific examples of how plant pathogens have changed the course of human history and culture.
          Pursuant to the AMCAS Guide, botany qualifies as a BCPM course (see "Botany" under Biology).

AMCAS Course Classification Guide

Reactions: 1 user

Lifeisamovie

Nov 17, 2020
            Pursuant to the AMCAS Guide, botany qualifies as a BCPM course (see "Botany" under Biology).

AMCAS Course Classification Guide
            Thank you! I was worried because it’s not under “botany” at our school , but it’s still I guess over 50% science since it covers plant Antony, physiology, things like photosynthesis and such which I thought would be science.
            I appreciate all y’all’s help! Thank you!

Last edited:
            About the Ads
            This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.