BCPM Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phantastic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

A few quick questions:

Do I have a choice as to what determines my Science GPA?

If not, would any of the following classes be counted towards it:
Plant Biology
Evolution
Experimental Biology Lab

You see, I completed all the pre-reqs (chem I/II, bio I/II, genetics, o.chem I/II, phy I/II) for medical school after my Computer Science degree, then during post-secondary, I've been dabbling in some other classes...but got screwed last summer when I missed the drop deadline and failed all three of those classes. I had a 4.0 GPA for science before that. I'm retaking Evolution right now, but I'd rather not retake the other two. What should I do?

edit: I'm taking the MCAT 6/17/2010, and applying this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

All of those things would count for BCPM. They will count because they all include biology.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are all bio and will count in your BCPM. It would be awesome if you had the choice of what to list in your BCPM, but you dont so just put them as what they are listed, or it will be done for you when it is verified.

Also, when I retake the course, will each iteration of it apply to the science GPA? e.g. Evolution in Summer 09 resulted in an F, and Summer 10 resulted in an A

Also, when I retake the course, will each iteration of it apply to the science GPA? e.g. Evolution in Summer 09 resulted in an F, and Summer 10 resulted in an A

Yup. For each course, all attempts are counted toward your BCPM GPA. e.g. If you got an F and an A for a 3-credit course, then the contribution of this course to the BCPM GPA would be [ (0*3/3) + (4*3/3) ] / 2 = 2.0, which is equivalent to a C.