Bcpm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NephrologyMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will a class call the effects of drugs on the brain class be counted in my BCPM GPA? It is called MCB62 (molec and cell bio 62)

Will statistics (from stat department) be included in my BCPM GPA?

Can I choose to or not to include these?

Members don't see this ad.

both will be included on your bcpm.

Even though its from the statistics department and not the math department? And even though MCB62 is more of a psychology course than a biology one?

Can I not leave them off?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can leave them off if you chose to. AMCAS will put them back on. ;)

By the way, I've been meaning to ask, does AMCAS penalize you for incorrect placement of courses in any way? Perhaps it makes your application later? Honestly, if they don't penalize you, it is probably better to strategically place all the borderline courses you've taken based on your grade in them, and see what happens.

Will a class call the effects of drugs on the brain class be counted in my BCPM GPA? It is called MCB62 (molec and cell bio 62)

Will statistics (from stat department) be included in my BCPM GPA?

Can I choose to or not to include these?

They both will. Statistics will fall under math. The molecular and cell bio course will be counted as bio credit.

They both will. Statistics will fall under math. The molecular and cell bio course will be counted as bio credit.

Would i be able to leave it off and if they change it back appeal it seeing that it its CONTENT is psychology based and it is listed as crosslisted: MCB/Psych/Social comm....technically it is not a true bio course in content and i know they judge it MORE on content than department. It is again crosslisted as PSYCH.

Also, is there anyway to avoid including an astro course that had like 0 physics?

You can leave them off if you chose to. AMCAS will put them back on. ;)

By the way, I've been meaning to ask, does AMCAS penalize you for incorrect placement of courses in any way? Perhaps it makes your application later? Honestly, if they don't penalize you, it is probably better to strategically place all the borderline courses you've taken based on your grade in them, and see what happens.

they don't penalize you. however, most courses that people consider "borderline" actually aren't. i remember thinking a couple of my classes would go either way, but after reading the instruction manual for AMCAS, it became pretty clear what i should do with them.

Would i be able to leave it off and if they change it back appeal it seeing that it its CONTENT is psychology based and it is listed as crosslisted: MCB/Psych/Social comm....technically it is not a true bio course in content and i know they judge it MORE on content than department. It is again crosslisted as PSYCH.

Also, is there anyway to avoid including an astro course that had like 0 physics?

I would leave it off if the content was psychology based. If they switch it back, you can always appeal it by showing proof.

As far as the astronomy course, you wouldn't include it especially if it was just a survey course with no physics or heavy math.