BCPS 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ICU2022

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow pharmacists,
I am thinking of getting my BCPS this coming spring 2016. How long will it take for me to study for this exam considering that i am a full time pharmacist and a full time mom? and will ACCP 2015 material enough to pass or should I wait until 2016 materials to come out? Any advice? Much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm in a similar situation; mother to 2 little ones and a FT pharmacist. i was planning on getting the 2015 materials from ACCP; as i understand it, the mock exam and webinars aren't available until a month or two before the actual exam. i need plenty of time to prepare in advance. can't really do last-minute studying anymore!
now i just need to find someone who will sell the 2015 accp bcps study materials to me. :cat:

The recommended time to study is 3-6 months. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the 2015 material will be the only thing available for the Spring 2016 test. The new (2016) material won't even be available until after the spring tests are given. If I remember correctly cause when I bought the last set it wasn't made available until June or July.

The recommended time to study is 3-6 months. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the 2015 material will be the only thing available for the Spring 2016 test. The new (2016) material won't even be available until after the spring tests are given. If I remember correctly cause when I bought the last set it wasn't made available until June or July.
Thank you that is helpful!
Gives me no hesitation to buy my study materials now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you that is helpful!
Gives me no hesitation to buy my study materials now.

No problem. I have the 2014 and 2015 ACCP book and it's basically word for word the exact same things anyways. Just be mindful if there are any updates to guidelines. I think any changes up until 12/31/2015 is up for fair game on the spring test.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I did 2 weeks of intensive study leading up to the exam...in terms of hours, it was more like 5-6 days of 4hr blocks and then 4 days of all-day/good part of the night studying immediately prior to exam so 24hrs + 40hrs = 64 hours total study time over the two week period (there were days where i did zero studying, usually when i worked and was too tired).

I have a few friends that just did the 3-4 days intensive prior to the exam and passed.

But you know yourself best, if you're a bad test taker, take more time. Also, most of the knowledge I used on the exam is from clinical practice and residency, which I completed recently, so things were fresh. If you've been out in practice for a while, extra time might be needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Yes, use the 2015 to study for your Spring exam. The conference/live CE is in April and the books come out in May and DVD comes out in June(?). The exam will be over by the time the books/DVD come out.

Reactions: 1 users
I will gladly sell my ACCP 2015 books and High Yield Med Review :)

i'm in a similar situation; mother to 2 little ones and a FT pharmacist. i was planning on getting the 2015 materials from ACCP; as i understand it, the mock exam and webinars aren't available until a month or two before the actual exam. i need plenty of time to prepare in advance. can't really do last-minute studying anymore!
now i just need to find someone who will sell the 2015 accp bcps study materials to me. :cat:

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on taking the BCPS pharmacotherapy exam Spring 2016, at the moment I only have the 2014 pdfs; do i need to get the 2015 audio materials or anything else or would I be able to get by with just the 2014 pdfs? Thanks in advance for any advice.
P.S if anyone would like to give /share their materials or interested in study group (but i don't know how only study group works) please let me know.

No problem. I have the 2014 and 2015 ACCP book and it's basically word for word the exact same things anyways. Just be mindful if there are any updates to guidelines. I think any changes up until 12/31/2015 is up for fair game on the spring test.

I plan on taking the BCPS pharmacotherapy exam Spring 2016, at the moment I only have the 2014 pdfs; do i need to get the 2015 audio materials or anything else or would I be able to get by with just the 2014 pdfs? Thanks in advance for any advice.
P.S if anyone would like to give /share their materials or interested in study group (but i don't know how only study group works) please let me know.

I have the 2014 and a friend gave me the 2015 material. From what I saw, it's basically word for word the same. Just make sure to keep up with current guidelines. :)

Has anyone use/used dredwilliams.net question flash cards to study? i'm trying to test my biostat knowledge and was wondering if the flashcard was any good. thanks in advance for any input.

Hi,
Wanted to know if foreign grads have eligibility to do Residency.
If yes which schools provide them.
How much would be total cost of it.
Thank You!

Members don't see this ad :)

I could do a study guide and group with you and trade you some materials. I will try and reach you directly. Good luck. Philip.

Does anyone have the 2015 BCACP prep course that he/she can share? I have the 2013 and 2014 but I'm looking for the 2015 to give to my brother. I've already taken the exam. He bought the 2014 prep course but he's taking the exam next Spring. Let me know if you can share. Thanks! :)

Does anyone have the 2015 BCPS prep course that he/she can share? I took mine a couple of weeks ago but my brother is taking his next Spring. Thanks!

Would anyone be willing to share the 2 cardiology (plus audio) chapters from BCPS 2015? Thanks!

I have the 2015 ACCP PDFs, slides, and presentations if anyone is interested in purchasing them at a much lower cost than what I paid T_T

I will gladly sell my ACCP 2015 books and High Yield Med Review :)

Hi! I'm very interested in your High Yield Med Review portion, but specifically the statistics portion. Do you have only that portion/ or are willing to share that section/chapter if possible?

Hi everyone, did anyone start an online study group? How does that work? I'm interested in joining if it's possible. Been out of school 10 years, but would like to pass the bcps to open up more opportunities. Currently working in a clinical setting in a smaller hospital in SF Bay Area. Also, does anyone have the audio study materials that's like to share/sell? Thanks!!

Hello Everyone,
I appeared in Fall 2015 BCPS exam but couldn't pass it. I did preparation from ACCP 2012 updates. In exam there were many questions related with Stats and only few questions were clinical related. I complained but didn't get any response from BCPS team. Now i want to retake this exam and i need your suggestions.
Also if someone have ACCP latest updates and Stats preparatory material Kindly email me. I cannot afford to purchase this material because i am currently a student.
Thanks
[email protected]

Any tips or practice exam please
abendamkika At. gmail. Com

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

To those preparing for 2016 BPS Exams, please note that a laboratory conversion chart will NOT be offered as it has been in the past.

This is the excerpt from the candidate's guide: "Throughout BPS specialty certification examinations, all measurements from laboratory test results are expressed in traditional units. Starting in 2016, a conversion chart will not be offered as part of the examination. Candidates should take this under consideration when preparing for the exam."

If you are rusty on reference values, it would behoove you to do a quick refresher before the exam. No free handout on the lab values this year! Good luck!

Hi everyone,

I am a licensed pharmacist in Florida.
But did schooling out side USA.
Can I take BPS certification exams.
What would be procedure.

Thank You!

Does anyone have High-Yield Med Review Questions/Materials? Please PM me if so. I also have some 2015 ACCP study materials and other various aides if you'd like to trade.

To those preparing for 2016 BPS Exams, please note that a laboratory conversion chart will NOT be offered as it has been in the past.

This is the excerpt from the candidate's guide: "Throughout BPS specialty certification examinations, all measurements from laboratory test results are expressed in traditional units. Starting in 2016, a conversion chart will not be offered as part of the examination. Candidates should take this under consideration when preparing for the exam."

If you are rusty on reference values, it would behoove you to do a quick refresher before the exam. No free handout on the lab values this year! Good luck!

I took it last year and I was stupid enough not to read the instructions, so I didn't look at the lab values given to us. For the second part of the exam, I was thinking to myself "Good lord, why do I have to know all the lab values?" HA! You know, I didn't flunk. So, it won't be a big deal if the candidates don't have the reference. Just study hard! Good luck!

Re statistics: I know it's a huge part of the exam, I'm currently looking at practise questions and have found a big difference in understanding between the mock questions in the Med101 statistics guide and the ACCP statistics book. For those who have sat the exam, are the questions in the exam similar to the Med101 or the ACCP book? I find the ACCP questions are a lot harder and require a deeper understanding of statistics..