BCSE for Canadian Vet Student Studying at US Vet School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uwvj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just started looking into registration requirements for NAVLE. I am a Canadian citizen currently studying at one of the accredited US vet school. Is BCSE one of the requirement for me to be able to register for NAVLE? NEB website if kinda confusing to me... :(

Members don't see this ad.

If you are graduating from an accredited vet school, you can take the NAVLE directly and, if you pass in your first two attempts, get your CQ (Certificate of Qualification) without taking the BCSE or the other tests. "Graduates of an accredited veterinary school need only pass the NAVLE within two attempts to be granted a CQ. Moreover, graduates of an accredited college who do not achieve a passing mark on the NAVLE within two attempts must also complete the PSA and CPE in order to receive a CQ."

You register with them, transfer your NAVLE grades to them, and you should be good: "
If you graduated from an AVMA-accredited school:

1. Register with the NEB and send in your supporting documentation.
  2. Transfer your board exam / NAVLE results to the NEB using AAVSBs Viva service. A passing NAVLE result will have to be obtained within two attempts or you will have to take the practical exams of the NEB (PSA & CPE).
  3. Once your application is complete and has been approved we will be able to issue your Certificate of Qualification that will allow you to apply for a license in any Canadian province.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!!:) and I'm assuming these are all true for final year student?

I honestly don't know, as I went to a Canadian school.