Be Careful What You Wish For....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. J?

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's an interesting link about what we can expect after completing med school...take it how ever which way you want.

"Long hours lead to burnout and disatisfaction among residents"

http://www.acep.org/1,5368,0.html

Members don't see this ad.

whats new.

i think we all know.. dont you watch scrubs?

that guy gets scut harassment a lot.

Originally posted by agent
i think we all know.. dont you watch scrubs?

Scrubs is great. I just hope it doesn't fall prey to the "right after Friends" plague as many other (much lesser) shows have...

-RA

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah hopefully not. i hope it goes on for a few more seasons.

Hello Dr. J? - I agree that current residents are sorely over-worked and underpaid.

I had incorrectly thought that the bill in legislation to bring about that change was for ALL states and it would be nationwide. However, that bill is ONLY for new york!! Hopefully political students/residents active in the political side will work to get bills in every state (or a federal bill to include every state??).

Also, I think this particular Bill in New York is the reason that the "powers that be" in the medical community are going to force us to take an ADDITIONAL board exam. This is just conjecture, of course, but I don't put it past them that they are giving us 'pay back' for fighting for our rights to not be slave laborers! That's another reason (in addition to not wanting to be a slave :eek: ), that I would just looooove to see a bill introduced in every state of the country! :D

Originally posted by CatsAreKillers
Hello Dr. J? - I agree that current residents are sorely over-worked and underpaid.

I agree that residents are overworked, but I usually tend to disagree that they are underpaid. If you are a resident, you're more like a student because you are unqualified for a "real" job due to inadequate training, degree or not. Residents are not qualified for a job in the field in which they want to work.

-RA

{let the flames be hurled ;)}

no i agree its good to get the "paid training"

imagine the loans otherwise...:rolleyes: