Be interviewed about being a therapist in training?

https://medlinkanesthesia.com/
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EmpathD9

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do therapists learn to be optimally responsive? What has helped you learn to become a better therapist? What are you still working to become better at?

My name is Max Wu, and I am a doctoral candidate in the University of Massachusetts Boston’s Clinical Psychology doctoral program. I am conducting a dissertation research project that is focused upon how therapists develop the capacity to be responsive in their sessions. What I mean by this is: how you respond to your clients’ characteristics and needs, and how you learn to responsively adjust your interventions and relational style in your clinical work. I would love to talk with you in an approximately 1-hour interview (phone or in-person) at a time at your convenience.

Participants need to meet the following criteria:
•Graduate student currently in Counseling or Clinical Psychology program in the United States
•At least one year of supervised clinical experience (100+ face-to-face client hours)

If you meet these criteria, please contact me at [email protected]. I am conducting this study in collaboration with Dr. Heidi Levitt and we have IRB approval from the University of Massachusetts Boston's IRB (#2017049).

If you choose to participate, you will be asked to complete and return Demographic and Consent forms as soon as possible. The interview protocol will be sent as well, so that you may make fully informed consent to participate. If you do not meet the criteria, please feel free to forward this announcement to others who may be eligible and interested in participating.

Thanks so much!

Warmly,

Max B. Wu, M.A.
Clinical Psychology Doctoral Candidate
University of Massachusetts Boston

This recruitment document was approved by the University of Massachusetts Boston Institutional Review Board on 4/3/2017; approval of this form expires on 4/3/2018.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IRB approval 2017049.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 41