Be prepared to laugh until you can’t laugh anymore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biomom

Reaction score
What do you know about this?

I guess I am just curious. I know the answer is no. I’m a 50 year old who turned down an acceptance to med school when I was 23. I was married and got pregnant and the rest is history. Tbh if I could go back in time I would have gone to med school. I’ve regretted it my whole life

Thumbs down on this option I guess.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Sounds like they provide you with enough medical training and experience to help them run clinics in countries like Africa. It certainly doesn't confer any MD degree or eligibility for residency and board certification to practice in the US, but it could actually be a good resource for developing and extremely high need countries.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like they provide you with enough medical training and experience to help them run clinics in countries like Africa. It certainly doesn't confer any MD degree or eligibility for residency and board certification to practice in the US, but it could actually be a good resource for developing and extremely high need countries.
Honestly looks like a great resource. It being tuition and fee free is great too and speaks to its mission. I dont think its worth laughing at if it provides a genuinely useful base level education

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone explain this? xD
If you read the About Us page (I know, it requires an extra click) it's fairly clear. They are supporting a novel apprentice model for training new healthcare providers in low-access/high-need countries:

We provide the classroom side of medical education while students work in local clinics to learn the practical side of medicine. We assist in locating internship placements for all students with local medical clinics or physicians.

Students learn basic science including anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology through online classes. For those working in rural communities, additional training is given in immunization, basic care for women and children, water purification, and sanitation. Practical aspects of medical care and various medical procedures are taught in clinics by health care providers. Once fully trained, we believe students can bring much-needed basic health care to rural and underserved areas.

I personally do not see the humor in any of this.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Sorry. I meant humor in the possibility of me doing it. It seems to be a great resource for third world countries. I just noticed the UK mentioned and started wondering if it could possibly be accredited here. It’s not. The premise is quite noble. The humor or more like stupidity was in thinking it could work for me. Old dreams die hard. If you’re questioning going to med school now and are nursing some doubts, go! Don’t be me.

Reactions: 3 users